Problem Connecting to Work VPN

AlanLJ

Due to the current COVID-19 situation I am working from home. 

To access our work files we have to connect to our work VPN/server. When I'm trying to connect to this whilst I'm connected wirelessly to my netduma R1 router - it will not connect. However, if I connect via my BT home hub it connects fine. 

Any advice on getting this to work/settings to adjust? Appreciate you'll probably require more info in order to assist - so please ask away.

Cheers

• Administrators

This is actually an issue we've seen recently due to COVID and I have brought it to the attention of the developers. Best advice I could give at this point would be to connect to the BT Hub when you need to access it, sign up for the R1 3.0 beta here https://forum.netduma.com/topic/31440-announcement-dumaos-30-is-here/ and If/when selected test it again and then provide us feedback so we can fix it if necessary.

• 1 month later...

Hi Fraser.

Thanks for the response - I signed up for the beta on 3rd June but still no update. Unfortunately this is causing me a lot of inconvenience work wise as my wifi connection is so poor from the BT Hub I am losing connection/dropping out of calls regularly. Is there anything that can be done to look into this so I can connect via my netduma router? 

Cheers

20 hours ago, AlanLJ said:

Hi Fraser.

Thanks for the response - I signed up for the beta on 3rd June but still no update. Unfortunately this is causing me a lot of inconvenience work wise as my wifi connection is so poor from the BT Hub I am losing connection/dropping out of calls regularly. Is there anything that can be done to look into this so I can connect via my netduma router? 

Cheers

On Fraser's instruction I have just added you to the beta. Look for the orange banner at the top of the forum page to get started!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys - I am in the beta now.

Unfortunately still no joy. I'm still getting the following error when trying to connect to the VPN:

image.png.9ab5ed7a1aa49855fe232a051e7e6450.png

Had my company's IT guys have a look at it and apparently there is nothing they can do at their end. Is there anything we can do at the Netduma side of things?

• Administrators
5 hours ago, AlanLJ said:

Thanks guys - I am in the beta now.

Unfortunately still no joy. I'm still getting the following error when trying to connect to the VPN:

Had my company's IT guys have a look at it and apparently there is nothing they can do at their end. Is there anything we can do at the Netduma side of things?

Thanks for letting us know, could you also post this in the beta forum for us to take a look more closely please? 

It has been a while but I also had issues long ago with connecting to a VPN at work (Fortigate in my situation). I had to switch off/on the "anti-flood" checkbox. Something like that. I even posted to the forums here about the problem. And the newer version of DUMA OS has the same issue EXCEPT there is no way to toggle the feature off which means I would never be able to connect to my VPN.

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

It has been a while but I also had issues long ago with connecting to a VPN at work (Fortigate in my situation). I had to switch off/on the "anti-flood" checkbox. Something like that. I even posted to the forums here about the problem. And the newer version of DUMA OS has the same issue EXCEPT there is no way to toggle the feature off which means I would never be able to connect to my VPN.

It is something we're looking into and can hopefully get resolved for one of the next beta builds.