Ping Assist Inoperable XR500 Modern Warfare

As the title says.....

In my mind I should hypothetically be able to set any Geo-Filter range that I would like and still enter into a Modern Warfare match that meets my preset specifications. I have experimented with a wide variety of Geo-Filter ranges that include ranges that are so constricted that I can't connect and so large that the entire United States is covered.. My problem remains the same. In strict mode with ping assist in ranges of 35 to 50 almost 90 percent of the time I get into matches with borderline unplayable ping. With my ping assist ranges between 35 and 50 my typical "good ping" is about 60 and it goes as high as 85 to 90.  Around 10 percent of the time I enter a match with about a 40 ping.

I have already thoroughly utilized Ping Plotter Pro and communicated with my provider, yet your software still isn't working to selectively place me into only games that meet my specifications. 

Please help

Fraser,

As always thanks for having a presence in your support forums. I hadn't actually noticed a difference between the in-game ping and the router ping until you mentioned it. Tonight I adjusted my ping expectations to 35 or less and consistently got into games with 45 pings as I was hoping. After about an hour or so, I am now back into the router ping allowing me into games of 50 plus ping with in game pings exceeding 70ms. 

• Administrators

With ping assist it will ping it initially and then if it is under the limit it will allow it, even if the ping then creeps above your limit. So set it to 30 instead and that may help it stay lower. Also make sure fast search is disabled as that can get you higher pings over your limit.

Ok Fraser,

This evening I have been experimenting with my ping allowances, but the situation remains the same. I currently have my ping assist set all the way down to 9. The games that I connect to are still 60 plus pings. It just isn't working as advertised. Either that or Modern Warfare has designed their system to circumvent folks like us that spend big money on your routers. 

Just to be clear, I am in strict mode without fast search. I am also in filtering mode for my device.

Another thing that is strange is that it puts me into a lobby and the auto ping feature doesn't show ANY ping at all until it sends the lobby to the game and by that point it's too late.

It's probably a mislocated server. If it shows in your range, it will allow it even with strict mode.

If you set your home location in the middle of the ocean or somewhere, and then you use ping assist, should give you better results.