XR300 moderate nat type

hi

i have the netgear XR300 gaming router but all my games give me moderate nat type.

it's connected to a Huawei HG8245Q fiber modem. i've tried enabling dmz upnp port forwarding and everything but i won't get an open nat type. and if i enabled the bridge mode i wont have access to geo filter which is the reason i use the router. does anyone know what do i need to do to get this solved? 

• Administrators

Hi there -  welcome to the forum. If you put the modem into bridge mode you should still have access to all the DumaOS settings. Have you tried this?

I'd also recommend starting over again and following this full guide:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-open-nat

Let us know how you get on.

3 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Hi there -  welcome to the forum. If you put the modem into bridge mode you should still have access to all the DumaOS settings. Have you tried this?

I'd also recommend starting over again and following this full guide:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-open-nat

Let us know how you get on.

hi thanks for the reply. whenever i enable bridge mode i can't access the router 192.168.1.1 will not load 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

How did you set up bridge mode? Did it require you to input the IP of the XR? If so did you enter the IP you access the XR with? If so that's the reason it isn't working - you need to use the WAN IP shown in System Information. If you still can't get bridge mode working does the Huawei have the DMZ? The guide above should help you once you get the Huawei settings done.

48 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

How did you set up bridge mode? Did it require you to input the IP of the XR? If so did you enter the IP you access the XR with? If so that's the reason it isn't working - you need to use the WAN IP shown in System Information. If you still can't get bridge mode working does the Huawei have the DMZ? The guide above should help you once you get the Huawei settings done.

thanks for the reply :)

I choose the ports i need to have a bridge on and when i go to the wan ip in system information it gives me :

This site can’t be reached

192.168.100.179 took too long to respond.

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

1.jpg

Just now, abdkhu said:

thanks for the reply :)

I choose the ports i need to have a bridge on and when i go to the wan ip in system information it gives me :

This site can’t be reached

192.168.100.179 took too long to respond.

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

1.jpg

i've set port 1 and 2