Device manager still having too many devices

Wasn't sure if this was fixed in a previous firmware but it seems to be an issue that has been existing for a long time since I've had the XR500.  Under the device manager, there are numerous (and I mean NUMEROUS) devices mapped in the manager but not all of them are online.  I see duplicates of game devices, streaming devices, etc.  It's a bit of a headache to comb through it all. 

I've seen one possible solution floating around is to factory reset the device.  I'd rather not do that as it was a chore to set up all the smart devices in the home.. and to do that all again is exhausting.  Is there something in the works that is going to fix this ongoing issue?

• Administrators

Hi there - yes. In the new version of DumaOS there is a button which will Delete All Offline Devices. Keep an eye out for a beta announcement soon 😊 

• Administrators
On 5/10/2020 at 8:39 AM, ToOFeduP said:

yea very frustrating and deleting them won't even do anything even if it's showing the device offline. It gives me a pop up saying device is still online when it's clearly not.

and what is a beta announcement going to do? why not a full update already?

I see on other social media sites with the tease of the the new 3.0 update and still nothing.. best bet is to find another router and wait for new update.. if nothing fix any of the issues i'm having then this router will be collecting dust.

Developing an update this big takes time and testing etc. But we're almost there. We/NETGEAR will begin rolling out beta versions soon. We say 'soon' because if we put an exact date, and then miss it, it's worse in the long run. But it's getting very close now.