Readyshare sharing violation with MacOS Excel

When ever I save a .xlsx Excel file on a Mac to my XR500 Readyshare network volume, I get a sharing violation and a corrupted file gets saved.

Problem does not happen with Windows.

Ideas?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I've never heard of this issue. My first instinct is that the drive you're using is NTFS which MAC isn't able to write to - can read but not write. Does that fit your situation? If you format the drive (back up the files first) to FAT32 can you then save the file from MAC and access it on Windows?

I have tried FAT, NTFS, HFS+ and EXT3 they all have the same problem. Also tried a different Mac and High Sierra version of OS, same problem. Also tried four different flash drives and one WD Passport, same problem. 

Noticed that the problem also happens with Mac Powerpoint, but Word is fine.

Ideas?

• Administrators

I'm afraid I don't have any further ideas. As this is a NETGEAR feature, not a DumaOS feature, I recommend you ask on the NETGEAR forums. Given Readyshare is a feature seen on many different Nighthawks, I'd recommend asking in the Nighthawk subforum rather than the pro gaming subforum. Here's the link: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

There's a good bunch of experienced NETGEAR users there who wilkl be able to advise.