'R APP not loaded' Error

Every few days i'll get the 'R APP not loaded' error when i try accessing the Network monitor tab. The only way i've found to fix it is to reboot the router.

Is there a proper fix for this?

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Tallone said:

i had this problem constantly had to reboot unit every 2 days im afraid to say ive now gone else where for routing and my xr500 is now an AP :(

Did you try the previous setting I mentioned? It might have been a DHCP issue and so you may be able to resolve this by setting Static in Internet Setup or giving devices static IPs in LAN Settings.

21 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you try the previous setting I mentioned? It might have been a DHCP issue and so you may be able to resolve this by setting Static in Internet Setup or giving devices static IPs in LAN Settings.

i did do it for some but with 30+ items on my network it was such a ball ache tbh and tbh kinda expect a basic function like DHCP to work out the box

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2020 at 7:24 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

In the System Information page on the Rapp panel options change the number of retries to 5 and then reboot, see if that resolves it.

Hi happened again after changing this setting

• Administrators

Perform a factory reset and see if it's resolved after that. Have you signed up for 3.0? If you get into the beta in one of the next batches it's unlikely to be an issue and if it is then you can provide us feedback.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Perform a factory reset and see if it's resolved after that. Have you signed up for 3.0? If you get into the beta in one of the next batches it's unlikely to be an issue and if it is then you can provide us feedback.

Ideally i wouldnt want to do a factory reset since there is a lot of config. Is there not any other steps to try?

I did sign up for the beta a few days ago, any idea when I might get it?

• Administrators

No I don't think there is a way if reboot isn't resolving it now. Try in an incognito window first. 

You can perform a backup in Settings > Administration > Backup, then you can restore it after the factory reset and that will go some way to saving you have to enter everything again. It's really hard to say, a lot of people have signed up so anyone could get it at any time. 

changing retry to 5 still get r-apps not loaded after about a week of usage then i have to reboot the router, networking monitor among other things do not work with the error message, i guess ill sign up for the beta

• Administrators
On 6/26/2020 at 12:25 AM, rckrz6 said:

changing retry to 5 still get r-apps not loaded after about a week of usage then i have to reboot the router, networking monitor among other things do not work with the error message, i guess ill sign up for the beta

That's a shame, I've not seen it yet in beta so that's the good news. If it's not resolved in beta we can get it fixed before main release.