Hi. i have had 1-2% packet loss for like 1 week now in fortnite but i don’t know how to fix it. when i ping google in cmd and flush dns it says that i have 0% packet loss. also i restarted my router and reset my network in my pc. still it had no effect. it seems that it’s just a fortnite problem. how can i fix this?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

What ping do you see for the game on the Geo-Filter? Does it spike a lot? So you don't experience it on any other game? It is most likely that the game is under heavy load due to everyone being at home at the moment. Have you checked to see if it occurs on every server?

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

What ping do you see for the game on the Geo-Filter? Does it spike a lot? So you don't experience it on any other game? It is most likely that the game is under heavy load due to everyone being at home at the moment. Have you checked to see if it occurs on every server?

its perfectly fine in other games. my ping never spikes. tho my packet loss sometimes jumps to 40% for 6 seconds or so. but ill get 1-2-3% packet loss every 20-30 seconds for about 6 seconds long. i also thought it was due to overload because of the virus but my friend who has the same provider and lives very nearby (700m tops) does not have any issues when it comes to packet loss so it must be something on my end i guess but i really dont know what. i have watched a couple of videos and some people have the same problem as me. maybe we all have something in common and turned off or on a setting? or its just non existing packet loss? the 40% is surely not non exisisting i can tell you that. but i dont know why it happens. eventhough i have resetted my network and turned my router off and on and i left it off once for like 1 hours and still no fix. do u have any idea what it could be? also when i ping google in cmd prompt it says i have 0 packet loss so i dont get it. i hope you or someone could help me with this. btw my ping is steady 0-15 when in creative. in public matches like solos its about 23 steady.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is your physical setup/what router do you have?

I don’t know what you mean by physical setup. i’m just going to say a few things. my Pc parts are kinda high end/ are good enough. i have 1 monitor 144hz Tn panel of AOC. I have a gaming keyboard corsair k70 rgb rapidfire (not mk2) i have the logitech g pro wireless as well. I have the ASUS RT-AC88U as my router but that one is like in the technology thingy closet next to the living room if u know what i mean. 2 floors above i have another router but it’s just to make the connection better so it doesn’t work as a router just a better connection from the router downstairs so they are kinda connected if u know what i mean. the name of the other router 2 floors above which is next to my pc is the Daytrek Vigor 2130n. So that’s the router that’s connected with the router from downstairs so it makes to connection better and more stable here upstairs. sorry if i keep repeating things it’s just i want to explain it as well as i can. 

• Administrators

This is a support forum for our router software which runs on the routers I previously mentioned. It isn't a general network/gaming support forum but I'm sure our community would be happy to help but I'll be unable to give you official support as you don't use one of our routers.

On 25/4/2020 at 6:27, Netduma Fraser said:

¡Hola, bienvenido al foro!

¿Qué ping ves para el juego en el Geo-Filter? ¿Se dispara mucho? ¿Entonces no lo experimentas en ningún otro juego? Es muy probable que el juego esté bajo una gran carga debido a que todos están en casa en este momento. ¿Ha verificado si ocurre en todos los servidores?

Pero xq a los youtubers no les pasa esto??

• Administrators

YouTubers jugará muchos juegos por día y solo seleccionará los que tengan la mejor conexión / juego. No es una representación precisa de cada juego que juegan.
-
YouTubers will play many games per day and only select the ones with the very best connection/gameplay. It's not an accurate representation of every game they play.