DMZ router to Xr500?

1 hour ago, e38BimmerFN said:

Do you need the TP-Link router? 

You can use the DMZ on the XR router for a down stream router if you want to connect one. 

Thank you for your reply, I have a dedicated broadband line for gaming, not fibre. The XR500 does not have a BB connector only a fibre slot for the cable.

That is the reason for the first router.

@e38BimmerFN Can you explain a little more using DMZ on the XR and not DMZ on the TP-link?

I have the TP-link in brighe mode. and the internet settings set on the XR, is that correct?

• Administrators
22 hours ago, alex.devine said:

Thank you for your reply, I have a dedicated broadband line for gaming, not fibre. The XR500 does not have a BB connector only a fibre slot for the cable.

That is the reason for the first router.

@e38BimmerFN Can you explain a little more using DMZ on the XR and not DMZ on the TP-link?

I have the TP-link in brighe mode. and the internet settings set on the XR, is that correct?

I think e38 thought that you had the TP link connected like this modem > XR > TP Link, in which case you would put the TP Link in the XR DMZ but as you have it upstream, providing internet to the XR then you have it setup fine with bridge mode so no need to use the DMZ.