TalkTalk Settings

HI All,

I was with BT but changed to TalkTalk and it is supposed to go live today.  For some reason they have cancelled the order (According to my online account) but checking on their forums this is common but the account still goes live.

My BT has cancelled so i have no BB and TT have not delivered a router.

I have an R1 running DumaOS that i have not used for a while and a BT modem. Is it possible to setup the R1 to work on TalkTalk with the BT modem or do i have to use the TalkTalk router and the R1 in the  DMZ?

If anyone could share the settings it would be appreciated.

I found these but can not see where to enter them on the r1

Setting

Value
Username We use automated network authentication so there is no need for a username. You can leave this blank.
Password We use automated network authentication so there is no need for a password. You can leave this blank.
Transfer Mode/Loop Encaps PTM
VLAN ID 101
MTU 1500
DNS Set as automatic (or similar)
Priority 0
Authentication DHCP/IPoE

Thanks for the replies.

Well Talk Talk completly screwed up and following placing the order on the 1st the cancelled it on the 2nd without telling me (Or BT) and i only found out Thursday (Due to go live on Friday).

I called BT and they said i could resign with them and my service would not get cut off, it did.

Long story short i should be getting it activated again but a lesson learned about dealing with Talk Talk i think 

Thanks again 

2 hours ago, Atomic Flange69 said:

Thanks for the replies.

Well Talk Talk completly screwed up and following placing the order on the 1st the cancelled it on the 2nd without telling me (Or BT) and i only found out Thursday (Due to go live on Friday).

I called BT and they said I could resign with them and my service would not get cut off, it did.

Long story short i should be getting it activated again but a lesson learned about dealing with Talk Talk i think 

Thanks again 

If you sign with TT and have any issues then use the website https://community.talktalk.co.uk/

The OCE's are knowledgeable and do not read from scripts.

Make a post then wait for a reply as they work on an oldest post format, so if you bump the thread it will push it to a new post again prolonging the wait.

It can take a day or more for a reply but it is worth it if you are not tech savy enough not to need support.