problem with dhcp

Hello,

It seems to me that there is a known problem with dumaos for dhcp.

I never had a problem with my XR500, but since I switched to the XR700 I have had DHCP problems.

DHCP no longer works, I have to restart my router on average twice a week.

It is really problematic for me I am teleworking and I am a system admin, I have an important infrastructure at home which I use for my work.

I have ~ 25 connected devices, it is really problematic to cut my production without notice because my mobiles and laptops no longer have dhcp, I cannot fix ips for all my devices.

Is there a fix for this problem?
I can't wait for Duma OS 3 to fix this problem, the release date is too uncertain ...

Regards

Santa

• Administrators

We are aware of this issue so it shouldn't be a problem in 3.0 however, upgrade to this very latest firmware for the XR700 and then perform a factory reset using the button in the back of the router and let us know if it still occurs. https://kb.netgear.com/000061714/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-24-Hot-Fix

the reset with the button doesnt work.

At the 1st reset it just rebooted.
At the 2nd reset the router was inaccessible, I restarted it and my configuration had not changed but the nas worked

So I reset via the web interface then I restore my configuration.
I will see if the problem comes back after or not :)

Guest Killhippie
2 hours ago, santa78 said:

the reset with the button doesnt work.

At the 1st reset it just rebooted.
At the 2nd reset the router was inaccessible, I restarted it and my configuration had not changed but the nas worked

So I reset via the web interface then I restore my configuration.
I will see if the problem comes back after or not :)

How long did you hold the reset button in for, should be about 20 seconds. Never use a config file to restore as if there is a bug you restore the bug more often than not. A clean install is better. I would re downloaded the latest firmware, update, reset and start fresh with only a PC connected and the NAS disconnected while updating.

Hi,

I'm fine staying more than 20 seconds press the button :(
It is for this that I reset via the web interface afterwards.

It is unfortunately impossible for me to reset without importing my configuration.
I work from my home and I have several servers etc (+25 peripherals connect), I have more than 40 open ports, ip fix and more.

During my migration from XR500 to XR700 I spent 2 hours putting everything back in because it was impossible to import the config ...

I cannot cut my network for so long time without being sure that the problem will be resolved.

For the moment the problem has not returned, I will keep you informed if it returns ;)

Thanks for the support !