Geo_Filter Not Working

Hello, I play Fortnite on a gaming PC and I play in NA East. There are two servers in NA east, one is located in Ohio and the other in Virginia. The Ohio server gives me higher ping than the Virginia server. How do i use the geo filter to put me on the Virginia server instead of the Ohio server? I've read many articles and nothing seems to help. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The way Fortnite works is a little odd in that it only tries to make a connection to a server when it is actually loading into a game - the pre game running around lobby. So this is the only time the Geo-Filter can block the connection which will then boot you back to the lobby but not very quickly. You could put your radius over the Virginia server, with strict mode on and Ping Assist 0 and keep searching over and over until you get it. Otherwise what some people do to speed up the process is put the Geo-Filter in Spectating Mode, wait to get into the game, see what server they get and then leave, search and repeat until they get on the server they want.