Message to Netduma

Killerelite06

@Netduma Luke@Netduma Iain@Netduma Fraser 

tIMG_3034.thumb.jpg.f16f5053d9fdfd76c5034461d22e802b.jpg

I remember back in 2015 when I was struggling with hit detection on Advanced Warfare (I have to admit I was stuck on a 10Mbps ADSL line) and reading about this amazing router that seemed to turn a ordinary connection into something  one could only dream of . It took me a few months to bite the bullet and order my R1 and after that it was basically a week of checking the shipping status every few minutes to see if any progress was made. The day I received the router I was sceptical how such a tiny device could possibly make a difference and if it will actually be worth all the hype but I set it up anyway and hopped into a lobby . After the third game I started receiving a mix of message asking how I seemed to get such a amazing connection and some even claiming that I'm busy cheating.

A few months pass and it gets announced that there would be a update with a whole new range of features but as the months pass and we hear little to nothing about whats going on besides a few beta promises I accept the fact that the Netduma Team might have run into a major problem . One morning I saw a message indicating a partnership with Netgear and that the new XR500 will be featuring all the latest features which made me feel betrayed like the R1 was being tossed aside (which it technically was for a few months)

I didn't want to be left out of all the new features so I hopped on the hype train and got a XR500 which promptly crashed my dreams with half the features not working and the other half performing so badly I decided to shelf the XR500 and buy a competitors router . Till this day half of the stuff doesn't come close to the original R1 functionality and performance. I also became more aware of security exploits and just how dangerous it could be to have a router that's outdated (not a single update in months).

I know its a dragged out story but what I'm trying to get at is this community feels "betrayed" at this point with empty promises of updates , new features and betas when half of the current software doesn't function as it should . I would prefer it if you guys where transparent with us and tell us straight if you cant get a function to work instead of promising us a Beta every few months .

• Administrators

Firstly, it's really great to hear about your experience with the R1, goes to show that looks can be deceiving! 

Just having a quick look at your account I can't see many support posts so I can't be sure what issues you were having/whether we could have helped to resolve them. I do understand your frustration and I'm sorry that led you to purchasing a different router. We're not facing any issues that would make us just give up on a particular problem. Any issues I'm confident can be solved, we've got a great dev team that really go above and beyond when it comes to figuring out where a bug is, as well as being great at making new features. At the risk of repeating myself when 3.0 rolls out it will allow us to make fixes/updates that don't require an entire firmware update which should in turn speed up issue resolution. I hope that you'll still follow what we are doing and when 3.0 is released that you'll perhaps consider us again - hang on to that R1!