Lag spikes

So ive been using this xr300 but when ever i play cod for about 2 to 3 hours it starts to give lag spikes. Its worst when i exit the game and come back its unplayable at that point so i reset my pc and it goes back to normal. I know its not my pc because it started to do this when i replaced it with my old router. I turned off qos since i cant seem to get the speed i usually get 480. I looked up settings for best setup but it goves me the same issue after a long period pf time. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. What do you mean by you reset your PC and then it starts working? What is your average ping shown on the Geo-Filter? What does the ping spike to? Are you playing over WiFi or ethernet? Do you get your full speeds with QoS disabled? What is your physical setup e.g. ISP hub (devices via WiFi) > XR300 (wired devices)

I was having the same issues with the XR300, random ping spikes, dropping connection, Qos not working like it should, Geo-Filter doing its on thing. Everything got better with the XR500.

On 4/7/2020 at 10:41 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. What do you mean by you reset your PC and then it starts working? What is your average ping shown on the Geo-Filter? What does the ping spike to? Are you playing over WiFi or ethernet? Do you get your full speeds with QoS disabled? What is your physical setup e.g. ISP hub (devices via WiFi) > XR300 (wired devices)

It doest ping spike, it just starts to give hitches. Even if i use netflix it starts to hitch. My old router never caused this and its from spectrum. Ive changed alot of settings but still it does the same thing no matter what. I got this for the geo filter but if i have to constantly reset my pc than its causing more harm than good.  

47 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you could provide me with the answers from my previous post I can get an idea of what is happening and then provide further suggestions. Also disable IPv6 to see if that helps.

When i reset my pc the game stops hitching, in the geo filter its 19 to 30, and theres no ping spike my ping stays around 19 to 30 but hitches in game, im playing over ethernet, and yes i get full speed when qos is disabled, my router is on top of my room and my pc set to the side hard wired. 

• Administrators

Do you mean rebooting the PC stops it? Do you mean sort of stutters in game? If the ping stays in that range then it isn't enough to cause an issue like that. I know you said that it's not the PC but it does sound like it, if you lower the graphics on the game does it still happen after a few hours?

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you mean rebooting the PC stops it? Do you mean sort of stutters in game? If the ping stays in that range then it isn't enough to cause an issue like that. I know you said that it's not the PC but it does sound like it, if you lower the graphics on the game does it still happen after a few hours?

I have i lowered my graphics card, and my cpu but it still does it and it started when i got the nighthawk 300. I cleaned out my pc, i also play on low settings since ive started, i run i7 8700k and rtx2070 super. 

• Administrators

How long ago did you get the XR300, was it recently? As the servers are under a lot more load now due to COVID as more people are home playing. Just to try though, force servers slightly further away from you and see if it performs any better. If you try your old router now does it work fine?

54 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How long ago did you get the XR300, was it recently? As the servers are under a lot more load now due to COVID as more people are home playing. Just to try though, force servers slightly further away from you and see if it performs any better. If you try your old router now does it work fine?

I think i fixed it. I turned on ipv6 and used default for it and it hasnt hitched any more.