Readable backup of router settings

Hi Netduma Support.  

Windows 10, Netgear XR450, DumaOS Name: A7Legit, Firmware: V2.3.2.56  

My apologies if this topic has been suggested before.  I did do a search for it but there were no results. 

Current backups appear to be encrypted.  It would be useful if a 'readable' backup of settings could be exported. 

The purpose for which would be for when applying a new firmware version and subsequently performing a factory reset.  

The backup would help users to restore their various settings.  

I realize that each settings page can currently be saved/printed but a central backup file would serve users better.  

Thank you for your consideration.  

-Kevin N

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Could you explain your idea a bit more please as I'm not sure I understand. The backup file will restore your previous settings so how would having it readable help to restore settings, surely this would elongate the process with you applying the settings manually?

Hi Netduma Fraser,

Thank you for your reply,

It is my understanding that when updating to a new firmware version, the user should NOT use a backup created by the prior firmware version.

It is also my understanding that the user should reset the router after a firmware upgrade.

It would therefore be useful to have a backup with a list of all of the prior settings that could then be manually set in the new firmware.

-Kevin N.