Segregate switch from rest of network?

I want to add a switch (unmanaged) to my LAN.  Is it possible to segregate this switch and anything connected to it from other devices connected to my LAN (I dont want anything connected to the switch to access my other devices)?   I read about VLANs a little bit and I see this option in the 'Advanced Settings' section of the XR450 admin tool.    Is a VLAN what I am looking for? 

You need a managed switch with VLAN (Layer 3) capabilities for that.

Basicly you can set different ports to different VLAN's which will separate them.

I don't think you can do this with the XR450's settings, they configure either the VLAN for your WAN or create a bridge on one of the ethernet ports. This is useful because sometimes different ISP's give different services different VLAN's, like IPTV or VoiP.

What you want is a router/switch combo that can route multiple VLAN's. XR routers don't work with VLAN's in the sense that their switching doesn't recognize these, you can only set them for WAN. I'm pretty sure that you can add a switch and divide up your network, but if both groups need internet acces I think they can still talk to eachother through the switching capability of the XR500. Ideally you need to separate these 2 groups at router level.