VERY Slow Upload Speeds on XR500

• Administrators

I am pretty stumped with this one honestly. In Internet Setup are you using dynamic or static? Try both and see if that helps. Do you know if the ONT something using PPPoE, VLAN or DHCP 60 in order to connect to it properly? Is this something you could ask Verizon about potentially?

I've asked Verizon but it pretty much came down to them saying I'd need to speak to Netgear. Everything is working at their end and the R700P is running with zero issues. I don't think the ONT is using anything like PPPoE, VLAN or DHCP 60. I could double check with them though. I will double check the dynamic/static internet setup and report back. 

• Administrators

That's what I figured. On the R700P are you able to release the IP address that it gets from the ONT and then plug in the XR? Also how are you getting the internet from the ONT is it through COAX or ethernet? If you have both connected is COAX connected to something else while the ethernet is connected to the router?

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's what I figured. On the R700P are you able to release the IP address that it gets from the ONT and then plug in the XR? Also how are you getting the internet from the ONT is it through COAX or ethernet? If you have both connected is COAX connected to something else while the ethernet is connected to the router?

I'm getting the Internet from the ONT via CAT6 ethernet. There is no COAX cable in the equation other than a MoCA adapter setup for the TV box but that is entirely optional. Where would I go to release the IP? Noticed the UI is very similar to the DumaOS so it may well be in the same place. You're saying release it and then straight up switch the ONT ethernet to the XR500? 

• Administrators
On 4/10/2020 at 12:17 AM, Achilles said:

I'm getting the Internet from the ONT via CAT6 ethernet. There is no COAX cable in the equation other than a MoCA adapter setup for the TV box but that is entirely optional. Where would I go to release the IP? Noticed the UI is very similar to the DumaOS so it may well be in the same place. You're saying release it and then straight up switch the ONT ethernet to the XR500? 

Yes exactly that, go to Settings > Monitoring > Connection Status and then click Release. Then switch the R700P for the XR500 and then see if it will work after that.

On 4/14/2020 at 1:12 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes exactly that, go to Settings > Monitoring > Connection Status and then click Release. Then switch the R700P for the XR500 and then see if it will work after that.

...that worked. THAT ACTUALLY WORKED. 

Holy shit. A DHCP lease release was all it actually needed? That's insanity. 

I hit 927Mbps as seen in the image. Actually tweeted it to you also I believe. 

Writing this on Saturday, will monitor it and stress test it a bit this weekend to see if everything remains the same but it's looking good! 

upload.png

• Administrators

That's really great, thanks for posting an update and you're very welcome! I'll have to keep this fix in mind in case some one else experiences it. As this issue has now been resolved I'll close the topic. Feel free to open another if needed. Stay safe!