Still having issues with PS4 gamechat

sabarblade

Hey Duma Crew, im still having issues with ps4 gamechat if my filter does not cover the California/Oregon server i cannot hear anyone who joins the party. 

Secondly, a feature that i think we all would like is patch notes for the geo filter whenever it is updated to find out whats changed, this would be amazing.

• Administrators

We did a cloud update yesterday, it should have applied by now but just in case flush the cloud in the Geo-Filter Map (if you get the too long message wait a minute then refresh and it will have applied) so do that and see if you notice a difference.

Also the patch notes wouldn't be very interesting or informative for people and would add more work for us, it would be a very long list of entries like this for example:
IP 101.39.57.291 moved to lat/long 52.1224, 0.4579 from lat/long 32.2812, 8.3271
IP 101.39.57.291 classified as dedicated server

sorry about the long reply, so im currently still having the same issues. It was working fine for when i connect to partys after the cloud update but when someone else joins i cannot hear them until i extend my filter even though they are located inside my filter. Its really annoying cause i dont even get an alert that they're trying to join so i never know unless i always have my duma page up.

In this photo it shows 1 person connected but 2 dedi servers are attempting to connect, i check my party and there's another person

Screenshot (36).png

If I don't unblock the server their ip doesn't show up so I can't even whitelist them, not to mention most of my friends are on dynamic ip's that reset daily or weekly. It doesn't matter if the server is whitelisted either, it still blocks it. It's like the geofilter is overriding it. I'll do some more testing tomorrow to confirm but from the couple of party's I've joined it's been the same. Although I'd imagine if it was a widespread issue more people would point it out so I'm not sure if it's something on my end.

• Administrators

Thanks for the information, could you put the ID of the server in this form please under needs to be whitelisted so we can add that to our next cloud update and then that should hopefully fix that issue: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/29742-found-mislocated-servers-post-here/ 

Unfortunately if their IPs keep changing then you'll still need to keep allowing them, there isn't a way around that unfortunately.