XR500 5Ghz dropouts

Hi all,

Been enjoying my new XR500 but this morning, none of my wireless devices will connect to the 5Ghz band. Looking at the DumaOS status page shows it is enabled and broadcasting. All of my devices can see the SSID but will not connect. Any ideas what might have caused this? Thanks!

Hi

Have you set the channel to 160ht by any chance, if so change it to 80ht.

when you set it up you would have upgraded the firmware. After an upgrade of firmware it’s worth doing a reset via the pin hole method at the rear and setting up as new and not using a saved config.

its also worth checking the 5ghz channel is being broadcast, use a WiFi scanner to check as even though the software may say yes it’s on it might not be broadcasting. 

3 hours ago, Newfie said:

Hi

Have you set the channel to 160ht by any chance, if so change it to 80ht.

when you set it up you would have upgraded the firmware. After an upgrade of firmware it’s worth doing a reset via the pin hole method at the rear and setting up as new and not using a saved config.

its also worth checking the 5ghz channel is being broadcast, use a WiFi scanner to check as even though the software may say yes it’s on it might not be broadcasting. 

Thank you for the reply.

I do have 160ht on and it has been since my initial setup last weekend. No issues at all until this morning.

All of my devices are able to see the 5Ghz SSID, but immediately disconnect when trying to authenticate. Only the 2.4Ghz band is allowing a connection.

I did update the firmware and did not do a 30-30-30 reset but after 3 days of it being stable, I assumed it would be fine. I'm at work now but I can try a factory reset when I get home.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I would agree with Newfie, I myself had issues when HT160 was enabled as my devices did not support this. It may not be the issue but I would suggest trying it. Disable the 5GHz radio and apply then enable it and apply and see if you can connect back.

21 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I would agree with Newfie, I myself had issues when HT160 was enabled as my devices did not support this. It may not be the issue but I would suggest trying it. Disable the 5GHz radio and apply then enable it and apply and see if you can connect back.

Thanks for the tips everyone! As soon as I disabled HT160, all my 5Ghz devices were able to connect again. Pumped for 3.0 and the mobile app! Is there a link for a beta list to sign up for?