New internet with fiber

Just curious...I have been upgraded to fiber internet. I have 1 gig up and down now, I've read somewhere with the high speeds like this theres really no need to run the sliders and even disable the geo filter. Is this true? I dont have many devices running on my internet at one time which is a AP router in my son's room and he runs a laptop and sometimes his cell phone..that's about it. I'm just looking for some advice as to still adjust sliders on my COD games or with those speeds just open up everything and let it run? 

Btw I'm on ps4 wired with DMZ and UPNP with a open nat..so I'm good there.

1000 gig? Really?

If your internet speeds are really high then yes, you don't need to lower the sliders, put them on 100%. I would also recommend changing the bandwidth settings in the side menu to match your max speeds.

You could turn QoS off entirely if you think you won't need traffic prioritization, but it might still be useful.

29 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

1000 gig? Really?

If your internet speeds are really high then yes, you don't need to lower the sliders, put them on 100%. I would also recommend changing the bandwidth settings in the side menu to match your max speeds.

You could turn QoS off entirely if you think you won't need traffic prioritization, but it might still be useful.

Wait.. haha...its 1 gig..not 1000 gigabytes..sorry...I'm so use to saying 1000u/1000d...its 1 gig... so at 1 gig...would I need to do all that.