Ping Values

sabarblade

Hey guys, so I've been playing quite alot of infinite warfare as of late and just a few months ago they turned off the Australian dedicated server, we are now put on the p2p layout. I'm finding that in game sometimes the game will lag extensively with the packet loss symbol frequently coming up, I then look at the ping Values and tick rate and everything seems normal. I'm not 100% sure if it's the host or the fact they're on wifi but this is happening more and more frequently. Keep in mind bo4 runs flawlessly on dedi's. So I have 2 questions, 1 are the ping Values just an IP ping from the router or a pingplotter like design that measures latency for every node the packets pass through? If it's just a standard ip ping could this be updated in the future? And secondly could we see packet loss details within the ping stats be implemented? Thanks guys :)

• Administrators

Are you certain that they've disabled the dedicated server? Are you basing this on whether the icon when you're in game shows as a peer? It might be that it's misclassified as a peer and is actually a dedicated server. Do you have the domain for it and we can check. The ping is the round trip time from the router to the server/host and back again. We could implement something like that but may be for a different feature and not the Geo-Filter ping. We do have plans to add packet loss :)

Sweet that sounds great! When booting up IW and the game does its usual ping all dedi servers i can no longer see the Australian Sydney server, there are also many other servers globally that have also been discontinued such as the west coast American servers and some in the EU. Id imagine its due to cost savings, the player base has been dwindling since early 2018. Ive tried to force my Netduma into only connecting to american/eu servers to no avail, only thing that works is having someone host the game from that location or using a VPN.

• Administrators

It doesn't even show a peer icon in Aus? It might be that it's really mislocated and not showing in the same country. If you use Ping Assist do you get any low ping games that you wouldn't have thought you would get at that distance?

Nope all pings are relatively random, i would usually have a 27 ping to any Sydney servers but none have even come close, most around the 50-80 ping mark so ping assist prevents me from even joining lobbies, i also check domains and all of them come up as an Australian ISP rather than a hosting company. My baseline ping is 2ms located in NZ. All of this leading me to believe they turned it off. Last thing to note, the authentication server is now no longer located in the EU, rather its located in east US. Ill provide screenshots if need be  

• Administrators

That's really frustrating then, it might be they've gone down for maintenance or something like that and will be back up soon. Yes we've noticed the authentication server has moved as well, this won't negatively affect you in any way.