Geo filter issues.

These 2 screen shots where taken during a 3v3 destiny crucible match.  I can understand allowing null island to connect but the one from Brazil with >100ms ping and the 3 "blocked" connections from the US... GeoFiltering does not work as advertised.

I have already done the recommended power cycle on the PlayStation, modem, and router. Deleted the PlayStation as a device while it was powered off, and recreated the device profile once online again.  The only thing i can think of left to try at this point is to do a factory reset and hope that changes something.

GeoFilterDoesntWork.thumb.png.1551d9771bc4e8d88c14fc8639fc2298.pngGeoFilterDoesntWork2.thumb.png.989d5827b9c1b77b94776d5280dbe5ad.png

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

So you've manually pinged those far away servers and that is what the ping shows? I would recommend you disable ping assist completely for Destiny, as it is a server/p2p hybrid you should get a better experience using the radius with strict mode off.

• Administrators
On 1/17/2020 at 4:47 PM, Demon09 said:

I assume hes talking about players. You cant really block individual players in destiny.

That's right, with any game unless it's purely P2P and you're the host then you can't prevent people joining the game but by forcing the closest possible server or peer host you get the better connection.