OpenVPN server

Hi, recently purchased an XR500, and was trying to set up the OpenVPN server it is able to connect successfully but I am unable to access certain local resources (local web pages running on a local machine). Was wondering if this is an issue with the router, the server itself, or the OpenVPN configurations (either client or server). Thanks

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

This is a Netgear specific feature so something you will probably be better off asking them via a ticket at -  but have you selected the VPN Service option to allow all clients to access all sites on the internet and home network? If so have you tried changing this option to one of the 3 available to see if there is a difference?

On 1/4/2020 at 8:43 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

This is a Netgear specific feature so something you will probably be better off asking them via a ticket at -  but have you selected the VPN Service option to allow all clients to access all sites on the internet and home network? If so have you tried changing this option to one of the 3 available to see if there is a difference?

When you say ask them via a ticket do you mean to create a post here or something else?

Also, it is currently selected to access all sites on the internet and home network.

Thanks,

EDIT - While looking at the NETGEAR forums, I found this post could it possibly be the same issue?

When I connect with OpenVPN I connect to 192.168.2.3 and my server I want to access is on 192.168.1.9

7 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Make sure that "all sites on the internet and home network" is selected on the VPN page.

Already is, is it possible any other settings are affecting this? I tried all three options with this and none solved the issue.

People in the past have experienced issues getting smart devices (such as lightbulbs) to talk to each other. This is something we're aware of, and Netgear is aware of, but unfortunately I think it's something that can only be fixed with a future software update.