Only tries to connect to one server (Texas)

Chf Wiggum

• Administrators

That's interesting, it may be that the St.Louis server is often full or not running at full capacity, they may be doing work on it etc. That's the most plausible reason if it keeps putting you on a different server but it doesn't if you select another. There isn't a way to stay in matchmaking unfortunately. Try the Chicago server, that's quite a bit closer to St.Louis than Dallas or NY and may play better.

There is no Chicago server. There is only IOWA GCE 1,2,3 & 4. But when it pings them all when you first login, on the NetDuma it pings servers in IOWA and St. Louis.  St. Louis is a option but it says -1 100% packet loss and does not allow you to pick it. One of the Iowa servers must be a St. Louis server its pinging or it would not show up on the map. However, no matter which server I have selected for Iowa 1,2,3 or 4. It tries to put me in a Dallas server. It's super frustrating, because I have IOWA selected as my location yet it keeps putting me in Dallas. Obviously someone in New York or Dallas have an advantage in this game. 

Nope, IOWA is the closest at about 25ms, next is New York 40ms, Virginia 43ms, S. Carolina 45ms, Then Dallas 50-60ms. It takes about 30 tries and I will eventually get put into a server in St. Louis which pings at like 13ms when I'm in, but never IOWA. This is why it is so frustrating because Iowa is selected and it tries to put me in Dallas. Well if I can't get a server in Iowa I can pick New York and get a server in New York 95% of the time. I do notice that Virginia and S. Carolina seem to connect to New York a lot to. It's almost like the majority of open servers are either through New York or Dallas. I feel it's misleading to ping all these servers in your region, have you select a location and put you in a Dallas server 99% of the time which is no where near the pinged location at startup. 

So that's usually what I do is select IOWA, try about 10 times. Kicks me 10 times trying to connect to Dallas. Change it to New York and play on the New York servers. Seems like this is my only option.  I do notice when I am in the lobby it pings a start up server in Texas. Could it have my location incorrect? And is trying to connect me to the closet server thinking I am in Texas?