Missing JSON response and Wifi disconnections

fauxnews

A few weeks after updating to DumaOS, anytime I am on a page that displays the network monitor, an error pops up that says Missing JSON response and I am unable to see network activity. Restarting router and trying two different browsers (Chrome and IE) did not change anything. 

In addition, before updating to DumaOs, the wifi would regularly drop several times a week and the only way to fix it would be to restart the router. After updating, the issue persists, but significantly less. Maybe a couple times a month. Things I've tried: different SSID, different channel, restarting, and wifi workaround on the previous version.

Any ideas on how to fix either or both of these issues?

• Administrators

I think probably due to the fact you're getting these two issues that a factory reset via the interface would be the next step. It should definitely fix the JSON response, the WiFi is something we may need to monitor after to see if it continues.

On 12/14/2019 at 7:30 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I think probably due to the fact you're getting these two issues that a factory reset via the interface would be the next step. It should definitely fix the JSON response, the WiFi is something we may need to monitor after to see if it continues.

Unfortunately, the factory reset did not fix the missing JSON response issue. I will report back if the wifi happens to drop. 

• Administrators

Do you have any extensions in the web browsers at all such as Adblock as these can interfere with the interface, try using an incognito window. Also do you have a firewall/anti-virus on the PC? If so try to whitelist the router URL or disable these and then try to see if the error has disappeared.

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have any extensions in the web browsers at all such as Adblock as these can interfere with the interface, try using an incognito window. Also do you have a firewall/anti-virus on the PC? If so try to whitelist the router URL or disable these and then try to see if the error has disappeared.

I do have an adblock, but whitelisted the site. Running in incognito had no effect. I whitelisted the site on both my antivirus (bitdefender) and windows firewall. Unfortunately, no luck.

3 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Oh i'm sorry I missed that. Perhaps what's needed is a downgrade to original firmware, a factory reset, then an update to the current firmware again

No problem. I'll give that a try.

3 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Oh i'm sorry I missed that. Perhaps what's needed is a downgrade to original firmware, a factory reset, then an update to the current firmware again

That seemed to fix it. Thanks. Is there anything I should do to prevent this from happening again?