Geo Filter/PSN Party Chat

RolidSnake

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help/provide some advice?

Any time my Geo Filter is on and I join/create a PSN Party Chat with my friends - their audio is disabled. The volume icon just flashes on and off.

As soon as I disable the Geo Filter they instantly become audible. I can then re-enable the Geo Filter and continue playing but it's mighty annoying to do this each time someone joins the Party Chat,

I can't see any server or similar on the map to 100% allow in order to stop this.

I play a lot of Destiny 2 right now and was wondering whether this might be adding to the problem?

Cheers!

• Administrators

You'll definitely need to add them to your allow list so that this doesn't happen every time. You would only have to add them again if their IP had changed. Yeah that's a good way to do it or just sit in a game lobby yourself and invite them to chat, either way they should appear on the map for you to manually ping and then allow.

• 3 months later...

Hey there. Same issues here in Canada. Do I have to allow people who are in my geofilter circle as well? Cause the only way I can connect to them in a party chat is to ping them, and allow them. 

It's extremely frustrating to do this each time. I seem to have to add servers in California before my chat works properly. 5 alone I've added tonight. 

Do you know if there are plans to fix this with the next cloud update?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Yes I would suggest adding them to your allow list regardless as if you change your settings then they may be blocked. You shouldn't have to do it everytime unless their IP changes each time, do you know if this is the case? If you're having to allow servers then yes we can fix that in a cloud update, could you submit the IDs here please stating they need to be whitelisted and we can do that for the next update: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/29742-found-mislocated-servers-post-here/

Yes I can do that. With one friend last night who lives 20 mins away from me, I had to actually select a few different servers over in California to allow party chat. We are in eastern Canada. It's weird. Once I allowed the servers the chat worked each time. 

Is it easier for me to take a pic and post the pic here?

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Cmartell said:

Yes I can do that. With one friend last night who lives 20 mins away from me, I had to actually select a few different servers over in California to allow party chat. We are in eastern Canada. It's weird. Once I allowed the servers the chat worked each time. 

Is it easier for me to take a pic and post the pic here?

Very interesting! It would help us a lot if you were able to input the IDs into the form as they're long alphanumeric IDs we'd have to manually write them out from the pictures and put them in the form ourselves.

Just went ahead and did it. There were 7 ids in total. All ids were affecting my PSN party chat. (Separate occurences) Once I allowed the ids, party chat worked immediately. Hope this helps! Any idea on when the next update would be?

I have 4 more here. One i notcied when booting up NHL20 on ps4, tested it 5 times. Its coming up as (EA peer). If i dont allow it i cant connect to the game. Also showing 2 id's off the coast of africa, with extremely low ping. And 2 more data centers for Fortnite. Please confirm that you got the 13 or 14 id's i sent in the last couple of days? Thanks in advance!

• Administrators
On 4/10/2020 at 4:21 PM, Cmartell said:

Hey Fraser. Any news on an update?

Yes I did get an update, as it is usually done from the office we'll need to figure out a way to do this remotely from home as well as test it this way. So it is being looked into, meanwhile any servers getting submitted to the form mentioned will be included in the updates.

• 3 weeks later...