geo-location issue w/strict mode

The real issue is just that my friend (who lives less than 5 miles from me) is showing 1100km from me.  With strict enabled I cannot play with him unless i make my geo-filter range much larger.

I've marked him invalid location, i can PM his IP + location (lat, lng) if needed

post-168-0-27652400-1420150370_thumb.png

he's the big circle., so this is part bug part feature request, I gave him a 100% host rating but strict ignores this...so can we have another thing to mark people with, for this situation?

Guest Netduma Luke

Understood - thanks for explaining so well.

I'm going to move this thread to feedback and suggestions as it will need to be incorporated into a future version.

Bug with strict mode? Strict mode should allow connections that were given a 100% ratings for just this type of scenario. Or alternately, maybe you could have a "friends list" that would allow them to bypass the strict filter.

Guest Netduma Luke

No doubt abc has already thought of this, but I think a workaround for this would be to disable strict mode (or even the entire geo-filter) and invite your friend to your lobby.

Once he's in, re-enable strict mode (and the geo-filter if applicable). Your friend cannot be booted out as he has an ongoing direct connection to you. It's a fiddly way of getting around this problem but hopefully that helps.

No doubt abc has already thought of this, but I think a workaround for this would be to disable strict mode (or even the entire geo-filter) and invite your friend to your lobby.

Once he's in, re-enable strict mode (and the geo-filter if applicable). Your friend cannot be booted out as he has an ongoing direct connection to you. It's a fiddly way of getting around this problem but hopefully that helps.

You're right as this could be a temporary fix, but like Iain explained, before adding this strict feature. Once you gave a friend, or someone a allow rating. Even if outside your set range, they should be able to connect to you. So sound's like there may be a bug with strict mode now in place. I am sure Iain will be able to fix this in a future build though :)

Yup, this is what i did...just was something that is hard for "a normal person" to figure out.

My friend and me couldn't join game together, and sometimes party would act weird...

It's all workaround-able for me, but wanted to report it

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi abc,

I think it would be unlikely that allow is broken as I didn't touch anything on that side of the code. Looking at the picture it seems he has been white listed because of the sparkly circle. So just to double check when he's outside of your radius and you try connect to him. Do you see the sparkly circle or is it a yellow triangle? 

Hi abc,

I think it would be unlikely that allow is broken as I didn't touch anything on that side of the code. Looking at the picture it seems he has been white listed because of the sparkly circle. So just to double check when he's outside of your radius and you try connect to him. Do you see the sparkly circle or is it a yellow triangle? 

it is a sparkly circle, when he is outside my radius.

When we invite to game we can't join each other, at all.  Unless I increase my geo-filter range to include him, turn off strict mode, turn off geo-filter.

Guest Netduma_Iain

that is so weird, so its recognizing him as being in the white-list yet its not actually applying it. I'll look at the code asap, thanks for the heads ups

that is so weird, so its recognizing him as being in the white-list yet its not actually applying it. I'll look at the code asap, thanks for the heads ups

np, it's only with this strict mode option.

• 3 weeks later...

Ya having same problems recently I have to disable everything for friends to join on me that I mark as good. Also when I have strict mode on I'm getting booted from games on cod more frequently now and have to have it off to stay in lobbies

Is there a post that can be link to strict mode booting thanks

Ya having same problems recently I have to disable everything for friends to join on me that I mark as good. Also when I have strict mode on I'm getting booted from games on cod more frequently now and have to have it off to stay in lobbies

Is there a post that can be link to strict mode booting thanks

yeah same here, my buddy literally says "I hate your new router" all the time...

But when i'm solo i'm having more than enough fun for the both of us.

yeah same here, my buddy literally says "I hate your new router" all the time...

But when i'm solo i'm having more than enough fun for the both of us.

Hey ABC, are you at least seeing more than one Dedi server?  My connection via X1 only connects to Seattle and can't see the one by San Fran anymore for some odd reason.  Also, not sure if it correlates but I have a weird looking primary DNS which won't let me adjust it.

Hey ABC, are you at least seeing more than one Dedi server?  My connection via X1 only connects to Seattle and can't see the one by San Fran anymore for some odd reason.  Also, not sure if it correlates but I have a weird looking primary DNS which won't let me adjust it.

I see 2 dedicated servers 1 in Seattle and 1 in the united kingdom...

That's all I see now-a-days but i'm running 1.02.7(beta)

I see 2 dedicated servers 1 in Seattle and 1 in the united kingdom...

That's all I see now-a-days but i'm running 1.02.7(beta)

On the beta as well however didn't have this issue previously.  Might be xbox related as it looks like several services are down still. 

On the beta as well however didn't have this issue previously.  Might be xbox related as it looks like several services are down still. 

Running into a similar issue. After white-listing friends it allows me to play with them and talk to them only in game chat. For some reason, party chat ignores the white-list. Not sure if party chat runs on dedis but if so thats probably why it's not working. For reference I'm on PS4. Another thing that's odd though, I have to set my filter to <300km in order to get playable games. If it's set above that, I'm thrown into a game in progress and the results are never good. On the other hand, when set to under 300km, the game runs flawlessly. It has yet to throw me into a game in progress, and I've been dropping 50 kills a game. Any reason why that might be? For now I'm not complaining because when using the aforementioned settings I can finally play CoD again (Thanks again Duma Crew). I would just like to be able to play with my clan as opposed to solo.

Archived