BO3 connection

lthoma89

In my opinion, one of the main things all CoDs need to consider going forward is turning up the TTK / Health of players.

I was messing around with bots in AW, and I set the health to 200% and it just feels... Better.

It feels fair when I die AND when I kill. This is with Veteran level bots who can shoot you across the map with an PDW, by the way.

The added health makes the in-engine latency almost negligible because you have a chance to fight back... Which on the flip side translates into you also having to keep your aim on target for more than two seconds (3-4 seconds with 200% health = Halo-type game play). This might seem like an eternity since we are used to the low TTK, but after a while, I preferred it because it allowed me to fight back instead of getting melted instantly. This adds more strategy and skill to the game, IMO.

Now, of course, this is not the standard core game play CoD ships with.

However, I think it is safe to say a higher TTK would help mitigate some of the BS moments since their would be more room for the host / server to make more accurate decisions about who killed who, first? Think about it. Everything happens in milliseconds, but the game engine has to interpolate and sometimes guess who is sending the correct info. So, giving the game more data would theoretically produce a more accurate picture, correct? 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my experience with a higher ttk, it allows for more instant deaths against players ive already put 4 to 5 bullets in. Not to mention with if your first 1 or 2 bullets dont register, its even longer to kill a target. Plenty of times ive aimed dead on target my first couple of bullets dont register but im insta killed.

They just need to fix the netcode or whatever before ttk. Alot of ppl complained about not being able to kill multiple ppl at once because using 1/2 a clip on one enemy. If im using a certain gun and it takes 6 to 8 hit markers to kill someone, it shouldn't take 4 for them to kill with the same gun and attachments.

In my experience with a higher ttk, it allows for more instant deaths against players ive already put 4 to 5 bullets in. Not to mention with if your first 1 or 2 bullets dont register, its even longer to kill a target. Plenty of times ive aimed dead on target my first couple of bullets dont register but im insta killed.

They just need to fix the netcode or whatever before ttk. Alot of ppl complained about not being able to kill multiple ppl at once because using 1/2 a clip on one enemy. If im using a certain gun and it takes 6 to 8 hit markers to kill someone, it shouldn't take 4 for them to kill with the same gun and attachments.

You're right, but that's because of two things not being addressed at once, or just one thing:

1) Netcode adjustments so all virtual rounds hit on the server (not just client side) to ensure accurate data is being sent to determine who shot who first.

2) Balancing of weapons.

The second is why Ghosts seems so "hardcore". The netcode was good (for most people), but the weapons were not adjusted for the more efficient netcode. So, they were "overkilling" for lack of a better word. With more balanced weapons... AND higher health... Ghosts probably would resemble BO2 in terms of TTK which a lot of people prefer.

TTK is subjective preference, but with the 200% health experiment, I can see how unbalanced AW really is.

Even with the increased health, certain weapons kill in one shot when they are not supposed to. I'm not talking about snipers. I'm talking about the EM1, EMP3, even the SAC3. I still get melted by those weapons even at 200 HP. That is unbalanced, IMO. The MORS snipers take two shots to kill with the increased health, ironically. You always get hit markers and must follow up your shot with another one as soon as possible, or the target can escape... OR you must make a headshot which is harder than it sounds. This is one way they can curve QuickScoping without having to nerf sniper rifles. It's not the auto-aim, or instant death notice sent to the server with a sniper round. It's the amount of damage one round does vs. health of the player. Higher health = No more instant kills with snipers at any range relative to damage output of the sniper rifle. This actually extends to other weapons, too because they don't kill as fast, so you have to soften your target up with continuous fire, OR a nade, or other means of damage in order to break through that extra layer of health. This means  more strategy because it's no longer "point and shoot". It's "what do I have to do to weaken/kill the enemy" instead of just aiming at them and two seconds later they are dead a.k.a. fire and forget.

well was playing some MW3 tonight and got my pavelow and then said next game if i got my ac130 i would play bo2... wasnt half bad tonight. i put ping assists on 0 and reduced the geofilter. was playing hardcore though. core just sucks with all the snipers.

edit: also been drinking all night.

All I'm going to say is:

1. The current set of devs isn't capable of fixing anything wrong with the game because they don't know how.

2. The game will always lag, have horrible bullet registration, lag comp, whatever you want to call it because the ENGINE is old, and thinks in frames per second which is not constant. I could be at 48fps and someone I'm shooting at could be at 55fps and now what? The engine has a brain fart and doesn't know what to do.

3. The camera and player model are not synced. You can pop around corners, turn on your screen before your character plays the turning animation, etc, all because what you see and what your player model is doing are not timed correctly.

4. MW2 and prior games to that searched by PING tiers. I know this by simply playing the game and it says "looking for games... < 30ms...<40ms...<50ms..." all the way up till it finds you a game. If you want to get technical, the code is actually in the game for it and I've edited it a few times when I used to play cod4,waw,mw2 modded to force myself as host. THAT is how you do match making and the man who did that now works for Respawn Entertainment.

5. None of this will ever be fixed because the average person has no attention span to fix these issues. People complain about X problem with AW, then SHG releases a new skin pack that makes them billions of dollars. People forget the problem for a little while. Problem comes back into discussion, new skins for everyone! You get a skin, and you get a skin, everybody gets a skin! Now give me the monies, says Activision. The cycle continues for the next year.

Archived