So bo4 came and wentw w/o fixes now MW is here...

We all saw that the duma is crippled for some of us in populated areas with many servers to choose from. Bo4 worked better for me without the duma. I found matches faster and with lower ping than with the duma. The duma was literally ignoring or blocking servers that were my choice servers and filtered to be the ONLY servers WITHIN the filter radius. Now with MW I am seeing "NOTICE Unable to connect to a data center. Please check your internet connection and try again. "  Is this going to be another year of BS with duma OS?  Or are we getting some answers instead of false promises? Just freaking admit the issues and allow me to move on and sell this PoC. Or if a fix is REALLY coming hurry up and give me a solid date. Netgear is so terrible now, wish I never bought this router. Support from both ends is basic and laughable at best. No offense. I get it. Fish out of water and such... I have documented support issues that were proven over and over yet never resolved.  It's not a config issue. I have been around since R1 first day, early adopter, plenty of experience on my end as well. Not trying to be a dick but this is insanity.

• Administrators

We're still testing the game for optimisations to the cloud, we're being very careful to get it as spot on as possible. If you're getting that message could you provide us with the ID that's being blocked and we can add it if it hasn't been added already.

Fraser no offense but I provided a shit ton of IDs last go around with bo4 and you all said pretty much the same thing for the entire year, "...we are working on it..." That never got fixed even though it was recognized as a legit issue for several people.

I'm not really trying to troubleshoot with/for you, days/weeks/months, as in the past, and sit and wait for nothing. Get an employee in the US or confidant to test it IDK. If this is the only form of support then I will just sell it and be done. 

God this router OS is trash. I did a hard reset to start from scratch earlier this morning before posting. I went through the entire setup as if it were day one, setup walk-through and all. I've been messing about with it for over 4 hours trying to figure out why I can surf and speedtest on ps4 and connect to a match every now and then but it will not connect to data centers... now after umpteen browser open/closes it starts doing the click step walk-through every time I refresh the browser. TOO MANY DEPENDENCIES on other items to support correctly if you ask me. I  assume this is a stupid browser cache issue but why? Why should browser cache even be an issue?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We're still testing the game for optimisations to the cloud, we're being very careful to get it as spot on as possible. If you're getting that message could you provide us with the ID that's being blocked and we can add it if it hasn't been added already.

I'll give you this info. There is at least one servers that is showing accepted and about 30 that show triangles within my range. I am not about to troubleshoot it for you. I personally think that is the LARGEST issue with this router.  Dependency upon user submitted info, browser cache issues, and ultimately the use of DPI cripples gameplay to add your features.

• Administrators

If you're a first time user then it's important for the tour to be done in order to understand how the router works. You should be able to click the 'X' on one of the tour boxes and then access using routerlogin.net without the rest of the tour URL in and it'll work. If there is something blocking you from getting a game then it's better than the original firmware in that you can add it to the allow list yourself and then you shouldn't have the issue again. We'll take a look but I don't believe we've seen message appear during testing so far. Alex should be close now on the cloud so I'll show him this topic as well to see if its an issue he is having or has fixed.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're a first time user then it's important for the tour to be done in order to understand how the router works. You should be able to click the 'X' on one of the tour boxes and then access using routerlogin.net without the rest of the tour URL in and it'll work. If there is something blocking you from getting a game then it's better than the original firmware in that you can add it to the allow list yourself and then you shouldn't have the issue again. We'll take a look but I don't believe we've seen message appear during testing so far. Alex should be close now on the cloud so I'll show him this topic as well to see if its an issue he is having or has fixed.

I'm not a first time user. But the router was reset to start from scratch. I follow the entire next button and it comes back each time I load my browser and bring up the router and log in. I see the steps of each step for the tutorial as if it was a new setup each time. The routerlogin.net worked, strange that the page I saved as bookmark was routerlogin.com not .net .  Just another weird habit of coding I assume. I am set with my geo filter around Texas AS ALWAYS since inception of netduma. The netduma is ignoring known good servers with under 20ms. without your router I hit them every time. Occasionally I hit stupid pings like East coast and West coast. That what this router was designed to block but utilizing your geofilter in it's current state of the last 3 years is nothing but problems. I think ya'll need to start over form scratch on your database/cloud.  You're filter is hosed.  My filter is centered over the actual servers that are best for me but it either blocks them or ignores them. Same as 3-4 other threads have said for the last year now. I assume this means you are not going to admit you won't/can't fix it?

5 minutes ago, stalker4hire- said:

I'm not a first time user. But the router was reset to start from scratch. I follow the entire next button and it comes back each time I load my browser and bring up the router and log in. I see the steps of each step for the tutorial as if it was a new setup each time. The routerlogin.net worked, strange that the page I saved as bookmark was routerlogin.com not .net .  Just another weird habit of coding I assume. I am set with my geo filter around Texas AS ALWAYS since inception of netduma. The netduma is ignoring known good servers with under 20ms. without your router I hit them every time. Occasionally I hit stupid pings like East coast and West coast. That what this router was designed to block but utilizing your geofilter in it's current state of the last 3 years is nothing but problems. I think ya'll need to start over form scratch on your database/cloud.  You're filter is hosed.  My filter is centered over the actual servers that are best for me but it either blocks them or ignores them. Same as 3-4 other threads have said for the last year now. I assume this means you are not going to admit you won't/can't fix it?

Clear cache on your browser and log in your router using 192.168.1.1 where you type the address in your browser and the problem should be gone.

Then always log in with 192.168.1.1 in the address field of your router

1 hour ago, Mobel said:

Clear cache on your browser and log in your router using 192.168.1.1 where you type the address in your browser and the problem should be gone.

Then always log in with 192.168.1.1 in the address field of your router

That part is fixed. 

So the geofilter is not even working at all. All of my matches are P2P letting the router calculate the IP and info of the HOST. Weird cause my filter is on top of Texas server I know are present AND my PA is set to 22ms, this is always been a good setup for me until IW, WW2 and Bo4 now MW. The router is literally blocking my auth as well as active servers in Texas. I can verify this by turning the geofilter off and immediately conencting to the server within my radius that are 17-22ms tops. 

Also when it finally does connect it's P2P and the latency to the host is over 70ms and up to 274ms. 

I know someone is going to chime in with the regular BS, why is your PA so low. Well look, this isn't 2014 there are people with FttH and pings of 10ms or lower. I want to hit servers with ping as low as possible if I have to raise the ping to 30 or worse 50ms it defeats the entire purpose of having the device. 50ms ping is 70ms in game latency and there is a HUGE difference in play. 

Set your ping assist on 0 and put your geo-filter radius within the servers u think are the closest on the map and restart the game (close application) after pressing 2 times X on game start up when u see connecting online services the servers should pop-up on DumaOs then u will see them if not start up game again 

It is working for me perfectly with MW everytime I put the geo-filter close to my location 250km (160 miles approximately) I see only the Netherlands servers square and the ones outside of the filter all as triangles.

And when playing a bit late it is still working only sometimes taking a bit longer so i expand my geo-filter radius to have it covered over the UK, Germany, and France as well so getting faster matches.

1 hour ago, Mobel said:

It is working for me perfectly with MW everytime I put the geo-filter close to my location 250km (160 miles approximately) I see only the Netherlands servers square and the ones outside of the filter all as triangles.

And when playing a bit late it is still working only sometimes taking a bit longer so i expand my geo-filter radius to have it covered over the UK, Germany, and France as well so getting faster matches.

That's great. There will always be people that it works for and people that it doesn't. If you can't relate to my issue directly best to save your breath it just gums up the thread.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Also, Fraser you nor your team ever explained why I can see my own ID every time I run a PSN speed Test/Network Test. bdd015e06d5c6d72  I've been saying this for years but the explanation never comes. 

U have ping assist on 22ms, as u can see i am doing it with PA on 0 so ping assist on 0 as otherwise it will throw u on other close by servers.

Give it a try with PA on 0, I have like 8 dedi servers within 60 ms range if I put PA on I get thrown all over the place in europe it could be Spain 60ms or the Netherlands (Amsterdam) 10ms but with PA off on 0 I get only host within the radius I set.

And until the match starts u see the info on which server u are playing and all the correct info and it still appear as peer many times while when u look it up it is a dedicated server.

1 hour ago, Mobel said:

U have ping assist on 22ms, as u can see i am doing it with PA on 0 so ping assist on 0 as otherwise it will throw u on other close by servers.

Give it a try with PA on 0, I have like 8 dedi servers within 60 ms range if I put PA on I get thrown all over the place in europe it could be Spain 60ms or the Netherlands (Amsterdam) 10ms but with PA off on 0 I get only host within the radius I set.

I know how it works. Been using an R1 since day one. I appreciate the offer but you're not comprehending what I am posting. I want PA on 22ms because I know there are a huge amount of mislocated 22ms and lower servers for Texas. Always are. PA of 22ms should not be placing me in P2P servers of 71ms and higher. Also with my geofilter radius on top of the actual true server location for Texas it should be selecting them but instead is ignoring them. It blocks them but doesn't show a blocked icon. You live across the world from the US. So does the Netduma team. I believe they have become relaxed in their cloud maintenance and basically screwed up all of USA. There are more people that have had issues just as long as I have, I have seen the posts. Mos tof them 95% lived in the USA. They just either give up and never come back or they are lurking to see if their post ever gets answered by Netduma. 

I strongly suggest u would try it with PA on 0 if you are sure there are several servers within your radius u dont need PA.

Because it will connect to one of the servers in your range and then the game itself will get players in from in and outside your range.

Like with me it will connect to the servers closest to me and then the rest of the lobby will be filled with players from France, UK, Germany or the rest of Europe.

1 hour ago, Mobel said:

I strongly suggest u would try it with PA on 0 if you are sure there are several servers within your radius u dont need PA.

Because it will connect to one of the servers in your range and then the game itself will get players in from in and outside your range.

Like with me it will connect to the servers closest to me and then the rest of the lobby will be filled with players from France, UK, Germany or the rest of Europe.

I strongly suggest you aren't comprehending what I am saying. Again, I appreciate it but you are drowning my post with stuff that is NOT useful to my situation. 

• Administrators

I understand what you're saying and I've already let Alex know to take a look at this topic as he's covering testing/cloud now so he'll be able to take a look and see what is happening. While Alex looks into it just play using Spectating mode if you're getting the servers you want that way anyway and we'll let you know what we find out.

I dont understand it right now, you are trying to get connected to the servers close to you ? or not ?

So if u know where are the servers located on the map and u have set the geo-filter circle so they are within the radius why are u stressing about the Ping-Assist, if u could turn it off and the router will only connect u within the radius u are setting. And I think there are plenty players who are playing MW at the moment.

I understand what you're saying and I've already let Alex know to take a look at this topic as he's covering testing/cloud now so he'll be able to take a look and see what is happening. While Alex looks into it just play using Spectating mode if you're getting the servers you want that way anyway and we'll let you know what we find out.

Fraser, this is unaccaeptable. You guys said the same BS since IW. Bo4 was ruined by this. I eventually had to just pull the router out and use a different router. So since you are giving me the same song and dance... I assume that means no resolution in sight for MW either.

1 hour ago, Mobel said:

I dont understand it right now, you are trying to get connected to the servers close to you ? or not ?

So if u know where are the servers located on the map and u have set the geo-filter circle so they are within the radius why are u stressing about the Ping-Assist, if u could turn it off and the router will only connect u within the radius u are setting. And I think there are plenty players who are playing MW at the moment.

Jesus fucking Christ dude. I don't know if you are twelve or if this is a language barrier or what. I know how to use the router. I  know where the servers are, I've been using a Netduma since day one I am an early adopter. You do not understand so leave it at that. It's okay not to know the answer, but to muddy up someones post requesting support/answers is a form of harassment. I asked you way early on to stay out of it. 

I am trying to understand what the problem is maybe u can help also maybe it is a problem that some people not aware of and u can help from people having to deal with the same problem as u in the future.

That's what this forum is for also I think.

29 minutes ago, stalker4hire- said:

Jesus fucking Christ dude. I don't know if you are twelve or if this is a language barrier or what. I know how to use the router. I  know where the servers are, I've been using a Netduma since day one I am an early adopter. You do not understand so leave it at that. It's okay not to know the answer, but to muddy up someones post requesting support/answers is a form of harassment. I asked you way early on to stay out of it. 

I am not 12 years old and I don't have an language barrier, and if u know how to use the router what are u crying here for on the forum then. It is a forum for members and you are not going to tell me to stay out of something.