Nighthawk XR500 VPN problem

Hi

Yesterday I configured the Hybrid VPN on DumasOS (Nighthawk XR500),  installed the config. for NordVPN on the advance tab for a India server and added the devices (Macbook Pro and Apple TV) on the VPN traffic tab.  The macbook reflected the India IP address, but when I tested the Apple TV it still reflected the US IP address.  I try restarting the apple TV and the router without luck.  On both of my macbook pros the VPN worked properly but on my Apple TV the VPN didnt worked.
Please advice how to solve this issue since I try everything in my knowledge without luck.
Thanks
Benny

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

How have you added the Apple TV in the VPN Traffic panel? It should be added with the mode 'Do NOT VPN these services' and without any services added in order for it to apply to the whole device.

Last night I reset the router and installed the server for India and added the devices to the Hybrid VPN, tested my Macbook Pro and the IP reflected India, follow it with a test speed on the Apple TV and in the Ookla Test Speed app the Apple TV reflected and India IP address PERFECT... not so fast, when I open the NBA app on the Apple TV its still located me on the US and wouldn't let me access my NBA India account so I can watch the NBA League Pass.  On my Macbook the NBA League Pass worked find but for some reason the NBA app on the Apple TV won't. Any idea of what's the problem?

Thanks
Benny

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Benignoh said:

Any idea when the new firmware is coming out?

We don't have any dates/deadlines to provide unfortunately. A potential workaround is to try setting the router DNS to the DNS of the VPN. If you're not sure what that is ask the VPN provider and they may be able to give it to you.