Decreased downloadspeed on Xbox One X with R1

Jacques

I have a problem with my R1 router. On my Xbox One X when I download a game the download speed is going down very fast. I have a 120Mbps/10Mbps internet. Wired connection with XO, PS4 and laptop. When I start to download a game the speed is around 70Mbps. Few seconds ago it goes down, sometimes 700Kbps.

All QoS is disabled. ALL.

The download speed goes back to normal when I make a speedtest on my laptop. It goes up in the upload speedtest process. Its important to know, in the upload speedtest process. When the speedtest finished on my laptop the XBO download slows down again.

Something is wrong with my R1 router, cuz my former router (TP-Link TL-WR841N) works correctly. I had to download the game with that. Today the game needs an update, and the R1 download slowly again.

I restarted the R1, and pushed the reset button in the back and still not working. The download speed is too slow.

Welcome to the forums!

So when you say all QoS is disabled, you mean you opened the Anti-Bufferbloat side menu and ticked Disable QoS?

And when you're doing these downloads, you don't have anything in the Geo-Filter right?

Hi!

Sorry for late answer. The problem is solved, I think. I made a hard restart ( hold the power button for 10 seconds ) on my Xbox, and I think it worked.

But as I remember, the Geo-Filter was turned on for Xbox. I will turn off next time if the problem come back.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Sadly, the issue returned. :( I turned of the QoS and there are no device in Geo-Filter. I have several problems with this router, sometimes youtube videos stoped, few seconds later starts and automatically change the resolution. 1080p to 480p on PS4. When I make this time a speedtest on my laptop the latency is very high. Sometimes 160ms. The average ping is 17ms.

I dont know what the problem is. I have to reboot this router minimum twice per day to works fine.

The log file is full of this line: 13:44:57 2019 kern.info kernel: [ 146.620000] recv: nf_ct_get failed

Can I put back the 1.03.6j? That was before the beta firmware. (Sorry for my english.)

• Administrators

It doesn't sound like the router is hampering your connection in anyway if QoS and the Geo-Filter isn't being used. Actually I'd speculate that the reason this is happening is because you're not using QoS. Your speeds aren't so high that you wouldn't benefit from QoS. It sounds to me like devices are competing for bandwidth and without QoS to manage it then issues are occurring. I would suggest you re-enable QoS and set Anti-Bufferbloat to 'Always' and 70% for both download and upload.

If it doesn't work then there is no harm downgrading and would be good to see if there is a difference between the firmware: