R1 with modem setup

Hi,

I recently switched from a BT HH5 to a Draytek Vigor 130 modem. I have the internet working fine with PPoE through the R1.

With the old HH setup, I could access the HH setup page through the R1 interface, I believe under "device manager". It gave a message about detecting a router and a link to go there, I think the old address was 192.168.1.254.

The Draytek should have a default address of 192.168.2.1, but I can neither access it through the R1 interface or directly in the address bar. Reading around it sounds like the PC needs to be on the same subnet as the Draytek to access it, but the R1 is giving out IPs in range 192.168.88.X.

Anyone know how I can gain access to the modem setup page with a PC connected through the R1?

Thanks,

Greg

• Administrators

There should be no reason you're not able to connect to it. The blue box doesn't appear on the R1 anymore as you're using a modem now and not the HH router. Directly connect your PC to the Draytek and see if you can access that IP address. If you can't open a command prompt on your PC and type ipconfig and hit enter. Use the gateway address it shows to try and access the modem then.

Thanks for the reply. I can access the setup page when my PC is directly connected to the Draytek - the address is indeed 192.168.2.1. However when going through the R1 I can't access it.

Any settings on the R1 that might affect this?