Hybrid VPN, Multiple providers?

I can't seem to find anything addressing this directly. I currently have an Asus router, the VPN client supports upto 5 different VPN providers simultaneously.

Does the Hybrid VPN support more than one VPN connection simultaneously?

For me at least two VPNs is a deal breaker. I currently have four configured on my router.

If I'm doing work from home those devices need to use one of two company VPNs. 

I have third for my personal devices and the fourth is a back up incase of service problems.

Long story short I need simultaneous VPNs for work and personal use, and having multiple saved configs I could switch between would be ideal. 

• 5 months later...

At least (probably easier) it would be nice to be able to configure multiple VPN's, and be able to switch from one to another one  whenever we need.... Now we must each time reconfigure the single VPN setup.

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, ovar0409 said:

At least (probably easier) it would be nice to be able to configure multiple VPN's, and be able to switch from one to another one  whenever we need.... Now we must each time reconfigure the single VPN setup.

Hey, welcome to the forum & Happy New Year!

So for example you would like the option to switch between multiple servers in Europe if the server you're connected to goes down so you could quickly switch?

• 4 weeks later...

I am looking at a XR500 however  multiple vpn's are also a must for me and I won't purchase one without that ability. I have some devices I need to bypass the VPN, such as the TV for Netflix as they block vpn's, the majority to go through to a local vpn, and some to go to another vpn. Back in my DD-WRT days I wrote a startup script that established multiple tunnels and a bypass connection and setup a subnet connected to each with the default local VPN attached to the DHCP scope and the rest (lesser number) assigned static ip addresses to ensure that device went though the correct connection. 

I now own an ASUS ROG GT-AC5300 and with this you can use up to 16 different tunnels and assign up to 64 devices to specific tunnels (there is a default tunnel, the 64 is only for devices that don't want to use default). Whilst I don't need 16 tunnels I do need more than one, and whilst the XR500 looks very attractive without the ability to configure more than one vpn I won't be purchasing one. If you do implement multiple tunnels I will definitely invest adn I hope you do as I would really like ot get this router and your software.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Laeven said:

I am looking at a XR500 however  multiple vpn's are also a must for me and I won't purchase one without that ability. I have some devices I need to bypass the VPN, such as the TV for Netflix as they block vpn's, the majority to go through to a local vpn, and some to go to another vpn. Back in my DD-WRT days I wrote a startup script that established multiple tunnels and a bypass connection and setup a subnet connected to each with the default local VPN attached to the DHCP scope and the rest (lesser number) assigned static ip addresses to ensure that device went though the correct connection. 

I now own an ASUS ROG GT-AC5300 and with this you can use up to 16 different tunnels and assign up to 64 devices to specific tunnels (there is a default tunnel, the 64 is only for devices that don't want to use default). Whilst I don't need 16 tunnels I do need more than one, and whilst the XR500 looks very attractive without the ability to configure more than one vpn I won't be purchasing one. If you do implement multiple tunnels I will definitely invest adn I hope you do as I would really like ot get this router and your software.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Thank you very much for your use case, I'll let the developers know about this. Glad to hear you're really interested in our router!