“Classified Games” vs Adding Console Findings....

Hey all,

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up just in case it’s not already known.....I tested this out after a question/ concern I had with selecting “classified games” versus unticking that and just adding my console manually. Here’s what I found......I have an Xbox that my wife uses strictly for watching Netflix & the Xbox I use for gaming. With Classified Games ticked & Anti-Bufferbloat set to “only when high priority traffic detected”, I turned on the Xbox that my wife uses & sure enough, since it’s an Xbox, it prioritized that one! I asked this question once before on how it would know the difference & apparently it doesn’t since they’re both game consoles regardless of what’s playing on them. So if you have this situation, make sure you manually add your “gaming” console & untick classified games. Hope this helps. 

28 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the heads up, this is something we're actually investigating to see if we can tighten up the detection on the Xbox. Using manual is great if you have multiple gaming devices but only want specific devices prioritized.

Just to double check, I should disable “DumaOS Classified Games” if manually adding, correct?

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

Just to double check, I should disable “DumaOS Classified Games” if manually adding, correct?

If you're only wanting specific devices to be prioritized then yes otherwise it will prioritize all gaming devices.