Same house matchmaking(destiny 2 xbox)

donblo75

I've read posts on reddit about using  the netduma and 2 xboxs both hosting full teams to somehow make it so those r 2 teams match against eachother in the crucible. Can someone explain i do this? I'm runnin both xboxs in the same location both on the R1(other fireteam are spread all over but whitelisted). My firmware is up to date as well

Thanks

Well if you've whitelisted everybody you want to play with (in spectating mode), then you could make your Geo-Filter radius really small, maybe put it in the ocean, and disable Strict Mode. Then put it in filtering mode and hopefully that will work.

I have my home location in Antarctica, but i changed it while still in game; which i'm learning from research on similar posts is a no no. Am i going to have to remove my xboxs from the manager and/or hard reset them for the changes to kick in? Or should i be good when i boot up the game?

You just need to close the game and open it again once you've changed settings. The idea is that any existing connections to the game servers will be dropped when you close the game. The Geo-Filter only applies it's rules to new connections, so when you change it mid-game, any existing connections might be breaking your rules.

The reason we don't apply the rules to existing connections is so that the router can't be used for cheating.

I'm also having an issue with this. Do i need to have both systems in the house on the router "enabled"? Also I've read conflicting posts about whether strict mode needs to be on or off for Destiny 2.

Basically what I have set up is: I enable both systems, white list everyone I'm trying to match with, set the radius to the smallest possible and move it to the middle of nowhere (like the ocean or the antarctic), then i search. I have been using it with strict mode on, because a different post i saw said it needs to be on.

While searching I have run into other groups multiple times. Would switching strict mode off definitely resolve this issue? Is there anything else i should change?

Edit: Not sure if it makes a difference for the geofilter but I'm using the original r1OS because when i updated to DumaOS i had constant internet drops on all devices throughout the day and couldn't find a definitive fix so I downgraded back to the original firmware.

We introduced Strict Mode specifically because Destiny requires all dedicated servers to NOT be blocked. It has a very unique network structure.

My recommendation would be to put both systems into the Geo-Filter at once, and then perhaps use a Ping Filter...

Another idea might be to put the radius directly over a known dedicated server and turn on Strict Mode. Perhaps then you'd both be routed through the same dedicated server and matched with each other.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Have you gone through the setup wizard and the welcome tour?

Thank you for the welcome. I’m looking for any kind of tutorial on how to connect two Xbox’s to each other in destiny 2. If connecting two consoles to match make with one another was in the welcome tour I completely missed it. 

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Kings88 said:

Thank you for the welcome. I’m looking for any kind of tutorial on how to connect two Xbox’s to each other in destiny 2. If connecting two consoles to match make with one another was in the welcome tour I completely missed it. 

That's not the intended purpose of the Geo-Filter and would consider it somewhat cheating so not something we could advise on, I know it has been done by people but I believe it is much harder to do after Destiny updates.