Openreach NTE5C master socket

Buster

First off i know that customers aren't allowed to fiddle with the master socket wiring..................

Does anyone know what is better about the NTE5C master socket over say a mk 3 faceplate?  and has anyone done the upgrade themselves

2 hours ago, Buster said:

First off i know that customers aren't allowed to fiddle with the master socket wiring..................

Does anyone know what is better about the NTE5C master socket over say a mk 3 faceplate?  and has anyone done the upgrade themselves

hi

the NTESC or MK4 socket has no need for a vdls filter as it has it's own port that will allow you to plug a modem directly into.

1 hour ago, BIG__DOG said:

hi

the NTESC or MK4 socket has no need for a vdls filter as it has it's own port that will allow you to plug a modem directly into.

Thanks! So i looked it to doing it myself, i am happy with what to do in terms of changing it but im just curious if it will put a fault on my line or anything of that nature?

14 hours ago, Buster said:

Thanks! So i looked it to doing it myself, i am happy with what to do in terms of changing it but im just curious if it will put a fault on my line or anything of that nature?

it won't put a fault on your line unless you wire it incorrectly! You can ask an engineer to come out and do it but they may charge you. There are many videos on how to change a faceplate on youtube.