More issues with Destiny

So was trying to play again today and it started happening again. I don't know if this is something different going on but it was behaving the same as soon as I'd get back into destiny it would crash again the instant i tried to do anything. Any ideas would be great. Thanks! I have attached the log since its really to long to try and paste in here. I'm at a loss and I don't really know anytthing to begin with. Thanks again. Oh XR 450 and firmware V2.3.2.40

log-1562030468226.txt

Guest Killhippie
9 hours ago, gnemelf said:

So was trying to play again today and it started happening again. I don't know if this is something different going on but it was behaving the same as soon as I'd get back into destiny it would crash again the instant i tried to do anything. Any ideas would be great. Thanks! I have attached the log since its really to long to try and paste in here. I'm at a loss and I don't really know anytthing to begin with. Thanks again. Oh XR 450 and firmware V2.3.2.40

log-1562030468226.txt 42.48 kB · 0 downloads

If the game is 'crashing' that's not the router, that's the game or console/PC, or issues at Bungies end. How big have you set the Geo Filter for Destiny 2? Can you post some screenshots of your Geo filter and antibufferbloat settings maybe?

Sorry, No not the game crashing as in the second I log into my character the router looses internet connectivity and I can't connect to router etc. takes like 10 minutes for the router to catch up from whatever seems to be happening. If I run straight to my modem nothing goes wrong but I have multiple pcs in the house so I can't just do that.

So you try to log into the game and the whole router goes down? Can you still get to the interface at this point? Can you connect to the internet from any other device at this point?

On Pc and load up the game everything is fine, select char and then if all of the sudden no internet goes from the red x to the yellow triangle back and forth can't connect to the router, once I am able to connect to the router i try to check the logs all of the sudden it says that I'm not connected to the router in the dumaos. Seems like if I connect to a peer that is slightly unstable in game it causes it to happen to the router and then all the ports that destiny use 8000 and 80 start popping off in the dos attacks in the log. None of the other pc's or devices that I can connect have internet at this point either anymore but the modem is fine if I plug straight into it so it doesn't seem to be a issue on the isp end as far as I can tell. Like I said I'm stumped it was happening before I set up the destiny profile as well and strict mode is turned off on that as well.

so it seems that it is actually just kicking my pc off and won't let me reconnect when I thought it was the whole network down. I disabled qos in case that was kicking me off. If this doesn't fix the issue then it might just be time for me to look at other routes.

edit again:

ok so turned back on qos and figured out the advanced port thing set all those to the destiny 2 ports so I'm wondering if thats been part of my problem that I didn't have the specific inbound ports priotized  if that could be causing me issues.

that did not fix my issue got about 15 minutes in and it crashed out on me again I always see this in the log when it happens as well [DumaOS] Error parsing line in ARP table: 'fe80::217:10ff:fe84:eddd dev brwan lladdr 00:17:10:84:ed:dd router STALE', Tuesday, July 02, 2019 17:33:11 [UPnP set event: del_nat_rule] from source 192.168.1.2, Tuesday, July 02, 2019 17:33:09

I'm getting to the end of my patience here as I cannot play the only game I play with this router performing (or rather lack there of) as it is. So if no one has any ideas or anything I might be back to the store to get a different router that can function properly with the game i play.

also what is with the lease change it happens like every time this is going on as well.

[DumaOS] DHCP lease change., Tuesday, July 02, 2019 17:33:20

[DumaOS] DHCP new event., Tuesday, July 02, 2019 17:33:20

[DumaOS] DHCP lease change., Tuesday, July 02, 2019 17:33:18

[DumaOS] DHCP new event., Tuesday, July 02, 2019 17:33:18

[DumaOS] DHCP lease change., Tuesday, July 02, 2019 17:33:06

[DumaOS] DHCP new event., Tuesday, July 02, 2019 17:33:06

Guest Killhippie
5 hours ago, gnemelf said:

also what is with the lease change it happens like every time this is going on as well.

[DumaOS] DHCP lease change., Tuesday, July 02, 2019 17:33:20

[DumaOS] DHCP new event., Tuesday, July 02, 2019 17:33:20

[DumaOS] DHCP lease change., Tuesday, July 02, 2019 17:33:18

[DumaOS] DHCP new event., Tuesday, July 02, 2019 17:33:18

[DumaOS] DHCP lease change., Tuesday, July 02, 2019 17:33:06

[DumaOS] DHCP new event., Tuesday, July 02, 2019 17:33:06

I play destiny 2 fine on this router without your issues. I asked that you could show us your settings, how about resetting the router (turn off your wifi devices unplug everything apart from the PC connected to the router, sign out of the router interface clear the cache of your browser, use the hole at the back of the router near the LED off/on switch and  push a parer clip in it for about 10-30 seconds to reset. Now set the router up again. I know its a pain but honestly I have no issues like you are having, also stop looking at the logs, they are not helping, those are generic DumaOS logs and the port scans all routers get, some are even normal traffic, Netgear just calls gets a little paranoid with its DoS labelling when most of the time they are not so stop worrying about them, and even if they are malicious (they wont be) the firewall did its job and dropped the packets. The logs are not the cause of your issues here. Maybe exchange the router it may be faulty if it comes to it, but its nothing to do with the logs I think its more to do with your set up. 

As @Killhippie says, the logs can be a bit misleading. When it mentions DoS, what it really means is that some unknown packets came to the router, but as they weren't addressed to any device within the network, the router just dropped them. This is normal and is happening behind the scenes the whole time, part of the background noise of the internet.

Could you try setting a reserved IP? Go to Settings > Setup > LAN Setup, scroll to the bottom and press Add under Address Reservation, choose your device, press Apply.