Bandwith Allocation Help

hi guys i have two ps4 consoles mine and my sons and just upgraded my broadband speed to a nice 500mb but wondering what type of allocation should i be giving both PS4s, i have roughly about 40-45 device connected to my XR500 mostly wireless and mostyl not all runnign at once.  Both PS4s are hard wired TIA still all new to the netduma OS lol

Dave

Instead of bandwidth allocation, the first thing you should do is set up anti-bufferbloat.

When you are playing games on either PS4, it will be detected as "priority traffic". You can set anti-bufferbloat to activate when it detects this high priority traffic.

Anti-bufferbloat will decrease the maximum bandwidth of your connection temporarily, which may sound like a negative thing, but the idea is to free up your bandwidth so that there's enough room for everybody to use the internet at once.

Check out this guide on setting up QoS: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

56 minutes ago, Sunaikinti said:

I just keep it equal for everything. Seems to run better that way. Gaming doesn't use much bandwidth. Just make sure share excess is enabled for both upload and download.

thank you how do i do that sorry

57 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Instead of bandwidth allocation, the first thing you should do is set up anti-bufferbloat.

When you are playing games on either PS4, it will be detected as "priority traffic". You can set anti-bufferbloat to activate when it detects this high priority traffic.

Anti-bufferbloat will decrease the maximum bandwidth of your connection temporarily, which may sound like a negative thing, but the idea is to free up your bandwidth so that there's enough room for everybody to use the internet at once.

Check out this guide on setting up QoS: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

thank you

1 hour ago, Sunaikinti said:

I just keep it equal for everything. Seems to run better that way. Gaming doesn't use much bandwidth. Just make sure share excess is enabled for both upload and download.

both are currently at 20mb 4% is that right

On the flower? That's fine as long as Share Excess is ENABLED.

The flower becomes less useful when you've got so many devices on your network, but if you click the name of the PS4 in the list, a side-window will appear and you can crank up the bandwidth a bit from there.

On 6/28/2019 at 3:17 PM, Netduma Alex said:

On the flower? That's fine as long as Share Excess is ENABLED.

The flower becomes less useful when you've got so many devices on your network, but if you click the name of the PS4 in the list, a side-window will appear and you can crank up the bandwidth a bit from there.

thank you