XR500 Bricked my R1?

• Administrators

Sorry to hear that, did you have the router disconnected from the hub when you did this? 

If so please do this:

1. Unplug the router from the hub so just the power is connected and factory reset the router.
  2. Factory reset the ISP hub/modem
  3. Unplug the ISP hubmodem for five minutes and unplug power from the router
  4. Connect the router to the hub/mode via ethernet but keep power unplugged from the router
  5. Connect hub/modem back to power and wait a few minutes
  6. Connect router to power and wait a few minutes, connect to the router and reboot it.

Does it work correctly after that?

Realise it's a bit of a pain to do but there is some sort of miscommunication going on between the devices and this should ensure they communicate correctly from scratch.

Hey Fraser 

When the R1 only has the power connected to it and holding down the factory reset button its not reset even holding the button down for over a minute, normally it would just reset after holding it down for 30+ seconds. 

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Zenrossi said:

Hey Fraser 

When the R1 only has the power connected to it and holding down the factory reset button its not reset even holding the button down for over a minute, normally it would just reset after holding it down for 30+ seconds. 

Sorry, you can connect a device to it to perform the factory reset.

• Administrators

Very odd, could you disable DHCP on the R1 and then apply and reboot (remember to add a static IP on your PC itself so it can access the inferface again) then enable DHCP and reenable, apply and reboot please.

Hi Alex 

Sorry not sure what you mean? After upgrading the R1 it still isnt working as it should when connecting it to my BT Hub 5 ISP provided router. The R1 doesnt give me a 192.168.88 address but instead a 192.168.1 range address the same range my BT Hub 5 is on. I am going to try the DHCP suggestion Fraser sent when I get home after work.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Zenrossi said:

Hi Alex 

Sorry not sure what you mean? After upgrading the R1 it still isnt working as it should when connecting it to my BT Hub 5 ISP provided router. The R1 doesnt give me a 192.168.88 address but instead a 192.168.1 range address the same range my BT Hub 5 is on. I am going to try the DHCP suggestion Fraser sent when I get home after work.

I believe Alex is referring to the blue box in the Device Manager which isn't a scary problem, all it does is comment on your physical setup and provides an easy button to access the ISP hub interface. Let us know how you get on with the suggestion!

• Administrators

It's very strange, it's usually something that a factory reboot would fix. Do you have another modem/router that you could test the R1 with potentially and see if you get the same behaviour?