Your connection is not private

Hey guys 

I recent bought a xr700 & dm200 modem. I installed it today to annoyingly get a issue where it says 'Your connection is not private' so I cant browse anything on the web 

How would I go abouts fixing this? I used default settings when setting it up

Hope i've come to the right place to ask , sorry if it's not 

Well before we try fixing the router, let's just check it's nothing to do with your browser. Make sure that your computer's time and date are correct, and try accessing the web in Incognito mode in Chrome. If this works, then you will have to clear your browsing data in Chrome to get it working again.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Well before we try fixing the router, let's just check it's nothing to do with your browser. Make sure that your computer's time and date are correct, and try accessing the web in Incognito mode in Chrome. If this works, then you will have to clear your browsing data in Chrome to get it working again.

Im using the same browser now with my old default talktalk router , cant be the issue 

ps. thanks for super quick response

t0hp98j.png

1 hour ago, Netduma Alex said:

Have you set a custom DNS server in the router's settings? Did you have any network settings on your computer that were customised for your old router?

Nope & nope , all default 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

This happens for ALL websites is that correct? I assume then also that trying a different browser gives you the same result? 

What is your exact physical setup e.g. ISP router/modem model > XR500 > devices seems to me that it is perhaps an issue with the physical setup where the upstream modem/router may be blocking proper internet access to the XR500 and will need to be put in modem mode or have the XR500 WAN input in its DMZ.