port forwarding issues

DarkDyllon

Ok so there is this Zelda ocarina of time multiworld (basically you connect to other people who are playing their own randomized seed and we can find items for each other)

in order to get this to work the host needs to port forward for the others to connect to the port forwarded port.

i portforwarded 1 when me and a friend tried it the 1st time and it worked instantly, great!

then randomly it stopped working, my PC has the same local IP so that didn't change, the rule it still set in place and even tried deleting the rule and reapplying it, nothing worked obviously.

anyone have any idea how to fix this?

13 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Does your friend have to set the same port forwarding settings on their end?

no they don't have to.

previously i had set the port for 42069 which worked for a few weeks (if not 2 months) but it randomly stopped working.

we want me to host since my internet is better and his can cut out sometimes. (had the port setup for TCP at 1st then i opened another port on UDP/TCP)

(quick update, did a quick check, friend of mine give me a site to check ports on (which uses my external IP) and it comes up as closed (connection time out) but when i use another program to see if it's open (which uses my internal IP) it says those 2 ports are open (42069 and 6969)

Edited by DarkDyllon
more info

Okay interesting... Is your Netduma router connected directly to a modem? Is the modem in bridge mode, or is your router in the DMZ of the modem?

I'm just wondering if your upstream hardware is blocking the data for that port from arriving at your router.

i've placed the router which is directly connected to the ISP modem into the DMZ (the WAN IP) but the netduma says it still detects that it doesn't have full access to the modem.

and since putting the modem into bridge mode (or modem mode whatever it's called) will disable anything but the internet i can't do that (my parents watch the TV)

what i find even more puzzling is that nothing in the connection has changed (everything stayed the same, no ports been switched, my internal IP hasn't changed and before it worked fine)

i've added 2 images which 1 of them is from a program called simple port tester and a website called canyouseeme

obviously the cut out parts are my public ipv4 adresses but yeah, i'm very confused.

2019_05_28_18_12_16_Simple_Port_Tester_By_PcWinTech.com_v3.0.0.png

2019_05_28_18_14_02_Open_Port_Check_Tool_Verify_Port_Forwarding_on_Your_Router.png

Okay... So i'm thinking that as well as Port Forwarding on your Router, you could Port Forward on the modem as well?

Port forward to your computer's IP address from the router.

Then port forward the same ports to your WAN IP (as shown in System Information in DumaOS) using the modem

Does that make sense?

ok, i tried setting up a port forward from my ISP modem (on both ports 42069 on TCP and 6969 on TCP/UDP) and it still doesn't come through.

checked a bit around for my modem model aswell (which is the experia box V8) and it is apparently bad with DMZ.2019_05_28_19_06_35_VGV7519.thumb.png.540995284111c1e070da740901118579.png