iPv6 Question

So I have an option to disable iPv6 on my AT&T 5268AC (which is connected to my Netduma). Should I do that?I heard that it can cause issues, and that the PS4 apparently isn't even cabable of utilizing it. I'm also using iPv4 on my Xbone. Do I need it for my laptop? Or would it be better to just disable it altogether? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I can see online that people are recommending to disable IPv6 for that specific router, but that might only be relevant to the wifi connection produced by that router...

I can't see disabling IPv6 doing any harm because the vast majority of home networks currently don't require it. Maybe once every home has a million "internet of things" devices in it?

On 5/21/2019 at 11:56 PM, Landonio1 said:

So I have an option to disable iPv6 on my AT&T 5268AC (which is connected to my Netduma). Should I do that?I heard that it can cause issues, and that the PS4 apparently isn't even cabable of utilizing it. I'm also using iPv4 on my Xbone. Do I need it for my laptop? Or would it be better to just disable it altogether? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

To sum it up just turn it off you don't need it. I did a long time ago