GEO FILTER

S13

Hi

What will happen if I  Deny Distant players in every server I go ?  By  clicking on distant player  tag in geo filter and  Click Deny ?

I play The Division  on Ps4. And most of time   servers got 80% players from Middle East, Saudi Arabia Arabia etc  with hight latency. 

Servers are few ,,so if I keep Denying  them ,  will time come when I wont see them in  Server  ?

Thanks

The Division 2 is server based, so you're not filtering out players so much as you're filtering out servers. For example, you could set your radius in the Geo-Filter to be in the USA, and then you would be connected to a US server, which would probably be full of US players. Blocking individual Middle Eastern players won't work, instead you'll want to connect to a server outside of the Middle East.

Thanks. I shall try that.  Division 1 has no servers for MiddleEast.  They get connected to Europe servers.  

But I will try if I can connect elsewhere as you said.    

Thanks again

That's strange... Maybe everybody who is attempting to play from the Middle East had ended up on European servers?

Are there language settings in game that will let you filter out non-english speakers? Are there server settings in game? I haven't played Division 2 yet so i'm not actually sure 🤔

Yes,   all Middleast,  Arabic countries,  India ,  they got no Division 1  servers.  They are put into  EU Servers from day 1.

Somehow  Lag compensation  works in their  favour  ,  and  we EU players end up getting   burst damage suddenly. 

Hmm well if all of the european servers are being used by people in the middle east, it might not be possible to filter them out. I guess you want to try connecting to a northern european server, further away from the middle east.

18 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Hmm well if all of the european servers are being used by people in the middle east, it might not be possible to filter them out. I guess you want to try connecting to a northern european server, further away from the middle east.

Hi

What will happen if I  DENY   Dedicated Server ?  Will it  stop connecting me to those Dedicated Servers ?

I guess few of European Dedicated Servers are being used to  accommodate 3rd world country players.

Unfortunately due to the unusual way the Division 2 is set up, it looks like it's not possible for DumaOS to control which server you connect to.

The only other thing I could think of would be to use a VPN that's got servers close to where you want to connect from.