random 2000ms ping spikes

So where are you testing your ping? Is it a server close to you?

Have you tried testing your ping on Wifi and LAN? Does LAN work okay?

Have you tried testing your ping from multiple devices, are the results similar?

Here's some suggestions:

Try changing your Wifi Channel. Use a Wifi Analyzer to figure out which channels are congested and avoid them.

In your router settings, try disabling Smart Connect. This can fix some wifi problems.

7 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

So where are you testing your ping? Is it a server close to you?

Have you tried testing your ping on Wifi and LAN? Does LAN work okay?

Have you tried testing your ping from multiple devices, are the results similar?

Here's some suggestions:

Try changing your Wifi Channel. Use a Wifi Analyzer to figure out which channels are congested and avoid them.

In your router settings, try disabling Smart Connect. This can fix some wifi problems.

I tested the ping directly to the router 

• Administrators

So you pinged the LAN IP address of the router? If wired then I recommend retesting using a different ethernet cable. If WiFi then if you're far away from the router then use 2.4GHz and also use a wifi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So you pinged the LAN IP address of the router? If wired then I recommend retesting using a different ethernet cable. If WiFi then if you're far away from the router then use 2.4GHz and also use a wifi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that.

tested with 2 cords on 2 devices and my pc is only 8 feet at most from the router across a wall