LAN DHCP Options

Hello.

Is there a command I can push through telnet to allow all my clients to use my Pihole DNS server of 192.168.1.248 via LAN DHCP without having me to individually input them on my clients, I know the LAN or DHCP for it lack for the allowing of adding DNS options, this is also the case for private VPNs for individual clients which I've already suggested to add in the future but to stay on topic, just looking for a cli command until it's added in LAN DHCP options, this isn't for VPN just local clients.

• Administrators

There are dynamic DNS options in settings but I'm unsure if you'd be able to configure it the exactly the way you want to, if not then no I don't believe the is a way through the router unfortunately. I'm not aware of any telnet commands but doesn't mean there isn't.

6 hours ago, muffintastic said:

Hello.

Is there a command I can push through telnet to allow all my clients to use my Pihole DNS server of 192.168.1.248 via LAN DHCP without having me to individually input them on my clients, I know the LAN or DHCP for it lack for the allowing of adding DNS options, this is also the case for private VPNs for individual clients which I've already suggested to add in the future but to stay on topic, just looking for a cli command until it's added in LAN DHCP options, this isn't for VPN just local clients.

Can you not use your piHole address for the DNS address locations listed under Internet Setup?  I realize that seems to be related to WAN side only but for all intents and purposes DNS servers are not subnet dependent. Try it and see.  I would but my pihole is on another physical network. 

10 hours ago, stalker4hire- said:

Can you not use your piHole address for the DNS address locations listed under Internet Setup?  I realize that seems to be related to WAN side only but for all intents and purposes DNS servers are not subnet dependent. Try it and see.  I would but my pihole is on another physical network. 

For research purposes I stumbled upon this, but this is intended for the R7800 but I will try and report back, obviously doing backups. ;)

This is done via Telnet.

Change to /etc/init.d

vi net-lan

Check on print_dhcpd_conf()

Replace the line "option dns $($CONFIG get lan_ipaddr)" with "option dns aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd", where aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd is your preferred DNS server, you can create up to 3 entries.

On 5/5/2019 at 7:06 AM, muffintastic said:

For research purposes I stumbled upon this, but this is intended for the R7800 but I will try and report back, obviously doing backups. ;)

This is done via Telnet.

Change to /etc/init.d

vi net-lan

Check on print_dhcpd_conf()

Replace the line "option dns $($CONFIG get lan_ipaddr)" with "option dns aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd", where aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd is your preferred DNS server, you can create up to 3 entries.

I seriously doubt any router with Duma OS is 'unlocked' with telnet or ssh.