xr500 not showing moca 2.0 devices

I have a xr500 and Just setup moca 2.0. I am using a linksys lgs105 unmanaged switch so I can connect my xbox and pc through moca.. anyways they dont appear to be displaying under devices on the router so I am unable to setup QoS and bufferbloat., any ideas? I did notice they show under offline but unsure if thats really them since I previously used them on wifi. Do I need a managed switch?

4 hours ago, jordy787 said:

I have a xr500 and Just setup moca 2.0. I am using a linksys lgs105 unmanaged switch so I can connect my xbox and pc through moca.. anyways they dont appear to be displaying under devices on the router so I am unable to setup QoS and bufferbloat., any ideas? I did notice they show under offline but unsure if thats really them since I previously used them on wifi. Do I need a managed switch?

They appear offline as those are the ones which were connected over wifi so I would delete them from device manager. Are you using the Actiontec ECB6200K02? 

I use a managed switch as I have about 13 lan cables As I hate wifi for myself. Here is a vid that may help you!................................. 

44 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

They appear offline as those are the ones which were connected over wifi so I would delete them from device manager. Are you using the Actiontec ECB6200K02? 

I use a managed switch as I have about 13 lan cables As I hate wifi for myself. Here is a vid that may help you!................................. 

I did delete those wireless ones but they reappeared as wired but its under the offline category and seems like it doesnt show the ip either for them. If i delete them and refresh the page it'll come right back when they're connected. Yes, I do have the ecb6200, they are working great but just can't get the router to show they are online.

edit: when adding the console to traffic prioritization it doesn't detect it either.

I have no experience with them I'm afraid. Are they visible if you go to lan and then and then click on the add tab, there's a table in there with all devices by ip and mac address! There could be an ip conflict.

4 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

I have no experience with them I'm afraid. Are they visible if you go to lan and then and then click on the add tab, there's a table in there with all devices by ip and mac address! There could be an ip conflict.

I dont see any tabs under lan. This is my network map, z390e and XoneS are both my Xbox and PC that are showing offline when there actually online.
edit: the xbox under lan is a different xbox connected directly to the routers ethernet port with no MoCa

Capture.PNG

I dunno how you can look at your network via that tree, does my head in I changed it to table view, but that's my own personal preference. The lan tab is displayed below. There maybe a device ip conflict which cause issues by devices not being available or offline.

2019-04-02 (2)_LI.jpg

• Netduma Staff

Big Dogs advice above is great. I'm not certain if a managed switch would resolve this or not, so the suggestions above are your best bet for now.

7 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

Big Dogs advice above is great. I'm not certain if a managed switch would resolve this or not, so the suggestions above are your best bet for now.

I don't know the make and model of his managed switch but it should be visible on device manager and lan settings as we know. I have a nighthawk S8000 switch and as it is managed it has an ip address. If he has a faulty switch then that can also screw him up. He will have to do a process of elimination and I think removing the switch is a good place to start.

2019-04-02 (2)_LI.jpg

2019-04-02_(3)_LI.jpg

12 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

I don't know the make and model of his managed switch but it should be visible on device manager and lan settings as we know. I have a nighthawk S8000 switch and as it is managed it has an ip address. If he has a faulty switch then that can also screw him up. He will have to do a process of elimination and I think removing the switch is a good place to start.

2019-04-02 (2)_LI.jpg

2019-04-02_(3)_LI.jpg

I got it to work, I did not know I have to plug the moca ethernet into a specific port (port 5) on my unmanaged switch. All devices are showing after doing that. Sorry about that! 

9 hours ago, jordy787 said:

I got it to work, I did not know I have to plug the moca ethernet into a specific port (port 5) on my unmanaged switch. All devices are showing after doing that. Sorry about that! 

Hi.

No need to apologise matey, glad you got it sorted, I thought it was to do with your switch. Glad you are up and running! :D On the Nighthawk S8000 swith it is port 8 which is the uplink port, strange that yours is port 5.

Now your issue is resolved I shall close this thread!