Nvg448b bridge mode

Seanarcher

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Am I right in thinking that you have a vdsl line and not fibre? If that is the case then is your connection PPPoE? If that is the case and you do have pppoe then you will have to input your pppoe information into the netduma connection settings!

Before we can help you further to correct your issue we need to know what type of connection you have and how you connect to your isp. So give as much info as possible regarding your network setup.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I believe you sent us a message on Facebook about this also, I've already responded there but in summary: 

That model doesn't have a true bridge mode, how did you put it into 'bridge mode' and also would reiterate the above, do you require PPPoE?

• Administrators

Do you have PPPoE?

I'm quoting what you put on Facebook before replying here as well:

I factory reset the nvg then clicked bridge mode and restarted it. Now I got both 2.4 and 5 g disabled on the nvg and firewall off from what I have been reading online any other help would be great thank you

So it actually has a bridge mode option? In that case you very likely do have PPPoE and those details need to be entered into the router.

You have not stated which model of netduma router you have. If it is the XR500/700 factory reset it and follow the on screen prompts, but make sure you have your PPPoE credentials ready to enter.  You do have the option to setup connection without factory resetting, but the factory reset method is a better way to do it. 

Get the isp modem into bridge mode but when I do that I lose internet I pick up the Netduma but net doesn’t work I enabled the pppoe on the duma and put the name and password in there’s something I’m not doing right

I got them both set back to default to have internet  every time I try it as soon as I set isp to bridge is when I lose internet 

• Administrators

Okay not to worry, in this case I would recommend having bridge mode disabled. Put the router in the NVG DMZ, disable WiFi, UPnP & any port forwarding rules on the NVG. Then you can remove the PPPoE info from the router and use it as normal. It's basically the same as using bridge mode in that scenario. Just make sure all wired devices are connected to the router and none connected to NVG.