Version 1.02.6

Guest Netduma_Iain

Guest Netduma Fraser

I tried to zoom out and i still cant see the host. I have not tried strict mode yet...will that fix it? I'll try... :)

If the host isnt visible dont worry too much. It may do, play around with it, everyone is going to have different results :)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did about 50-60 games testing over the past two days, starting on the PS3 as XBL was down, but the majority on the 360 and finally the XB1 for trial on AW.  First off, THANK YOU GUYS!!  This was the best Black Ops 2 and AW have run for me personally!

I did see some matches where it appeared the host did not light up or expand on the Geo-Filter.  However the games still seemed to play well, so I didn't really fret if things seemed to register, which they did.  I had very good connections, I was winning tons of gunfights and hitting my streaks.  At the end of the day, that's what I want from my online experience.

Strict mode:  Works great on the both older platforms (PS3 & 360), especially in Black Ops 2.  I had only one significant host booting issue and truth be told, that was probably entirely my fault as I tried to shrink the Geo-Filter to eliminate some hosts south of the border in Mexico.  The rest of the time I had solid pings to host (>40ms), or had host myself, and lobby checks showed 8-9 of the people in the lobbies had 4 bar pings.  Strict mode is the way I will be playing, moving forward, after testing is done.

Quality of Life:  The wireless router is working beautifully for the household.  In the past, I had asked (begged :unsure: ) for my wife not to stream video from Netflix or Amazon while I was playing.  Yesterday she was watching some girlie show on Netflix & she was surfing the internet on her laptop while I was running and gunning my way around several maps.  No problems with my gaming, no problems with her stream, and no problems adding new wireless devices (phones and a tablet) to the router while I was playing.

All in all I'll give version 1.02.6 a huge THUMBS UP!!  Really fantastic update to have so close to the arrival of the router in the first place.  Excellent work guys

Guest Netduma Fraser

I did about 50-60 games testing over the past two days, starting on the PS3 as XBL was down, but the majority on the 360 and finally the XB1 for trial on AW.  First off, THANK YOU GUYS!!  This was the best Black Ops 2 and AW have run for me personally!

I did see some matches where it appeared the host did not light up or expand on the Geo-Filter.  However the games still seemed to play well, so I didn't really fret if things seemed to register, which they did.  I had very good connections, I was winning tons of gunfights and hitting my streaks.  At the end of the day, that's what I want from my online experience.

Strict mode:  Works great on the both older platforms (PS3 & 360), especially in Black Ops 2.  I had only one significant host booting issue and truth be told, that was probably entirely my fault as I tried to shrink the Geo-Filter to eliminate some hosts south of the border in Mexico.  The rest of the time I had solid pings to host (>40ms), or had host myself, and lobby checks showed 8-9 of the people in the lobbies had 4 bar pings.  Strict mode is the way I will be playing, moving forward, after testing is done.

Quality of Life:  The wireless router is working beautifully for the household.  In the past, I had asked (begged :unsure: ) for my wife not to stream video from Netflix or Amazon while I was playing.  Yesterday she was watching some girlie show on Netflix & she was surfing the internet on her laptop while I was running and gunning my way around several maps.  No problems with my gaming, no problems with her stream, and no problems adding new wireless devices (phones and a tablet) to the router while I was playing.

All in all I'll give version 1.02.6 a huge THUMBS UP!!  Really fantastic update to have so close to the arrival of the router in the first place.  Excellent work guys

Thats fantastic! Thats just what we love to hear! Glad its working so well for you and thank you for the kind words :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

Iain or Fraser could you please PM me the update so I can install when I get home tonight?  Thank you!

Pm'd

Guest Netduma Fraser

is .7 wireless?

I believe the plan is another update for the Geo-filter amongst other things. I'll ask about it. 

Hi there

Do u think guys i update R1 from 1.02.2 to the last update and can u let me know how to get the update....

Ty so much and i hope i can get best setup for my netgear R7000 to work perfect with R1.

Yes, I will let you know,  if I enable strict it puts me in a lobby for a split second then boots me, but if I dis-enable strict, it seems it keeps me in there.

Same here.  If i enable strict mode, it puts me in a lobby but get booted right after, but if I disable strict mode, I'm fine

Guest Netduma_Iain

There is a new update that will explain all. But thats the point of strict mode is its stricter searching so you get better games but it may take longer. Thats why you should use the snap function.

There is a new update that will explain all. But thats the point of strict mode is its stricter searching so you get better games but it may take longer. Thats why you should use the snap function.

You mentioned new update?  When will this be happening?  Also, what is purpose of the snap button?  I understand that it expands the range of searching for games but is there anything else that it does?

Guest Netduma_Iain

It just picks a better distance so you're more likely to get a game. Admins should be getting it soon. Then everyone else will be after.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thank-you for purchasing the duma! You will need to upgrade, to upgrade please follow the instructions at netduma.com/upgrade 

Please let us know how you get on :)

Ill take whatever updates you guys can throw at me. I stream regularly on MLG.tv and would be happy to promote this product as much as possible and would easily be able to run a LOT of testing on this router. Just let me know about getting this update and as well as letting me know if you would like to view it live and i will put it on screen while searching and playing throughout the day.  

Archived