Netduma with AC wifi?

erakus

Hello,

I was curious if there are any plans to install dumaOS on any other Mikrotiks to get the benifits of AC wifi or higher hardware specs?  

Example :RB4011iGS+5HacQ2HnD-IN <-AC wifi, more ports, 10GB SFP+ for NAS.

Hi and Welcome to the Forum.

The XR700/XR500 although not mikrotik has AC.................... As for other Mikrotik that may or may not be under R&D that is not something that would be discussed or made public until a product were to be launched in the future.

43 minutes ago, erakus said:

Thanks for the reply.  Was hoping for something directly controlled by the OS developers over OEM partner like netgear. But if netgear is the way to go i can try that.

I cannot confirm or deny what Netduma are working on either at the moment or in the future regarding their own products such as future successors to the R1 but as things stand at the moment for an immediate solution to continue to use dumaOS embedded firmware that is stable, reliable and possesses the feature that you want then the the XR500 is a good purchase......The XR700 apart from having better hardware than the XR500 also includes a built-in Plex server.

1 hour ago, BIG__DOG said:

I cannot confirm or deny what Netduma are working on either at the moment or in the future regarding their own products such as future successors to the R1 but as things stand at the moment for an immediate solution to continue to use dumaOS embedded firmware that is stable, reliable and possesses the feature that you want then the the XR500 is a good purchase......The XR700 apart from having better hardware than the XR500 also includes a built-in Plex server.

Nice rumsfeld response :) 

The plex server built in sounds appealing, I wonder how well it does trans-coding.  Plex is kinda like Linux.  You can install it on a potato, but performance will very drastically by hardware.

This does give me some things to look at though. thanks for the input.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Our focus at the moment is improving the software as much as possible, as well as doing a mobile app which you may have seen! For DumaOS on a AC router BD is correct in saying the XR500/700 are your available choices.

1 hour ago, erakus said:

Nice rumsfeld response :) 

The plex server built in sounds appealing, I wonder how well it does trans-coding.  Plex is kinda like Linux.  You can install it on a potato, but performance will very drastically by hardware.

This does give me some things to look at though. thanks for the input.

The plex server performs pretty well, I don't know about multiple trans-coding but as I am the only person in our house who has access to my movie library it performs very well indeed. I no longer use it as I now have a Synology NAS running the PLEX server. Glad I could be of assistance :D