IP Leaking Hybrid VPN XR500

Popcorn Time (popcorntime.sh) is set-up in the program to stream from port 6889. I've setup this port to be running through the VPN using Hybrid VPN on my XR500. I've also enabled the killswitch option (block Traffic if VPN disconnects) A few days ago I used Popcorn Time and the next day got a copyright email from my ISP listing the content I was streaming from Popcorn Time the night before.

How did my IP leak and how can I prevent that from happening in the future? 

Looked into what ports Popcorn Time is using on my PC (using the app TCPView). I see the 6889 port streaming video, but I also see a few other ports Popcorn Time is using, that seem to be random and, are also transmitting data. 

How do I make sure PPT's port ranges are all being VPN'd

Capture.PNG

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

How did you set it up to VPN your device? Did you use Do NOT VPN these services or Only VPN these services with the port? I would advise just applying the VPN to the whole device by using Do NOT VPN these services and with no services added. Also to be safe I would change the DNS that your router is using to OpenDNS, Google, Cloudflare something like that.

Thanks!

I'm doing Only VPN these services with the port. 

Indeed I could VPN the whole device, and that does work properly, but I'd rather not slow internet speeds on my whole computer, just Popcorn Time. I've notice that I can't even get my browser to be VPN'd when I add ports 80 and 443 to the list of ports.

image.thumb.png.82633507c36308c909cd781317912196.png

• Netduma Staff
8 hours ago, kill_dano said:

Thanks!

I'm doing Only VPN these services with the port. 

Indeed I could VPN the whole device, and that does work properly, but I'd rather not slow internet speeds on my whole computer, just Popcorn Time. I've notice that I can't even get my browser to be VPN'd when I add ports 80 and 443 to the list of ports.

image.thumb.png.82633507c36308c909cd781317912196.png

Is it not possible to use the 'Do not VPN these services' mode, then add ports relevant to the browsers / other services you use on your PC? Excluding other apps is probably a more efficient way of achieving this.