Destiny 2 PC lag

• Netduma Staff
6 hours ago, Skymind said:

I'm from Portugal and i set the geo-filter to 2000km's, mostly i play PVE and i play with people from North America, even in european servers i get a lot of lag. What do i need to fix this issue.?

Hi, welcome to the forum! The best thing to do is just make sure you're on the best server for you. Did you mean you play with your friends from North America, or did you mean you get connected to servers there and you don't want to?

As well as letting us know that, could you let us know what your ping to the server is? I believe the closest servers will be those in Amsterdam / Frankfurt or other parts of Europe, so you should aim for there with your Geo-Filter radius.

4 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Hi, welcome to the forum! The best thing to do is just make sure you're on the best server for you. Did you mean you play with your friends from North America, or did you mean you get connected to servers there and you don't want to?

As well as letting us know that, could you let us know what your ping to the server is? I believe the closest servers will be those in Amsterdam / Frankfurt or other parts of Europe, so you should aim for there with your Geo-Filter radius.

Destiny 2 has 3 Region's/Account's (Europe, Americas, Asia). Since most of the comunity plays in Americas i go with that region for PVE stuff, and the lag with my ISP modem was bearable, but since a added the XR-500 the lag it's not quite bearable since it takes like 5 seconds for text to appear like buffs and stuff.

As far has i know Destiny 2 doesnt have dedicated servers, so it's P2P. I tried a PvP game (in Europe region) and no servers were shown in the Geo-Filter.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

They use a server/P2P hybrid system. Well you will experience more lag if you're choosing to play games that far away so all we can do is ensure that we optimise it as much as possible. I would set your home location on the East Coast of the US. You should ensure you have strict mode disabled when playing Destiny so you do not get kicked. 2000kms is a huge radius, we usually recommend 1000km so try this. You'll still play in US games but keep them as close as possible. Have you setup QoS at all? I'd recommend starting with 'Always' and both download/upload sliders at 70%. Let us know how you get on after trying these suggestions.